PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of fork oil should i ride for to get good support for my 190lbs? Im looking to find a good oil weight when i do my fork seals next week. I want to go stiffer. any help? thanks

·
Registered
480 Posts
You need to get the BBR or crf70 heavy springs then on BBR's website they have different options for weight. Had the same problem <<LB>>

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i ordered xr70 seals and im gonna use 20 weight oil. It wasnt that bad when i rode before and my seals were beat..i should see amazing results with the new seals and oil...ill hold out on the springs. THANKS guys

·
Registered
498 Posts
You may want to try adding a little spacer to preload the springs also when you do the seal and oil change. I put one nut on top of each spring before i screwed the top on each fork leg. I fished around in the old coffee can and came up with two nuts that would screw down on the valve stem of bike tubes.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the shop only had 15wt oil..i hope its sufficient..i was thinking about putting some washers in between the top nut cap of the fork and the spring..to make the spring stiffer.

·
Registered
480 Posts
ALSO!!! On BBR's website they recommend 30'w fork oil. Atleast for your weight.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dammit...i should have shopped around and got at least 20...but its gotta be better than what i had, you should have seen that oil...i cant get the seal out tho..i need a new propane bottle. the heat gun isnt doing the job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts