PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
" It is unfortunate that this board is such a hostile & unforgiving place :-(...

Here is my ATTEMPT to make it better;

1. Dealers

The 'real' local dealer; The little guy trying to get/stay in the 12" game. Buy three rollers or even three motors in a 12 month period... and you are in for good. If you don't want to STOCK inventory... No worries! ...and I don't stock VINCO inventory either (so I know how you feel)... You pay our retail on the first 2 units of either... and then you get the comprehensive discount on the 3rd unit. I don't care if you build up motors or rollers or complete bikes... Next, you get Medina parts at our internal cost + 20%... Period! ...And we are transparent about everything here... NO BS double secret probation pricing to dump inventory:bs2:.

2. Next, The little guy - Us and others like us!

I am a bit offended about this... DO NOT BASH people for working out of there house, garage or warehouse!!! This is AMERICA people. Give folks a chance to make things better for them & their kids. And just to be "all in here"... John and I run our little business from 2 houses, a combined 5-car garage and a rented warehouse in San Fran, Cali.. Our margins are 22% and we are making a difference Medina Haters and Lovers can feel everyday by bringing alot of these 12" prices down and increasing customer value for everyone.

Remember the $299 YX 140, $999 MidSize Clone or even the $399 Z-155? These motor's/rollers were MUCH, MUCH more before we tried to help the working man by DECREASING the cost to backyard bash, etc... As we grow I can promise you 2 things; Our costs will come down even more (as overhead just kills a business:spank:)... and our business will revolve completely around KARMA & a sub 25% margin on everything.

Next topic - Generation #4 and our strategic direction...

After having multiple bikes and offerings I have decided to concentrate in only 2 areas for 2010.

1. We will bring in one linkage bike for Gen. #4 to further lower cost and overhead (yes, we can do even better). We may bring to market a US built linkage bike/ frame kit but that depends on how our development and testing goes this year. Remember the FA-22, that was originally a 1-off bike for me that Jake and Jace Packard built a few years ago. Believe it or not!

2. We will offer a boxed motor solution (something like we have now)... and maybe... depending on our testing results, a Modified Motor that is delivered in 2 parts. A bottom-end & a top-end. You can buy either component and integrate it with your existing parts / roller, etc... These will not be insanely priced either!

Lastly, the riders we are helping... we will continue to help! You have our full support as we try to collaberate and make some new US parts... and source better quality Asian products... and bring YOU even better prices. We will cut NO quality corners and reject no legit offer to help someone out. Vegas-Chris (our primary testing / development resource) and Andre, we are in your debt! "

bob

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have dealt with Bob personally and is right up front about everything! I have dealt with "others" and there are a lot of empty promises and missed deadlines. I think if we all had the same frame of mind there would be a lot more people involved in this scene! Keep up the good work Bob!

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
I wish other companies would use the REASONABLE no gouging price policy on China stuff like you guys do........I have purchased items directly from China b4 an your prices are not that far off at all (unlike some companies) which is great....some peeps (like myself) do not mind messing with an overseas supplier but, if a consumer does not want the hassle or wants state side customer service, going with you guys seems to be the ticket...now I am not going to brand bash here but I have observed the quality difference between some of the leading China bikes is almost non-existant...comes down to what you want and what you want to pay.....Honestly, I like American or Japanese made stuff but it gets expensive and there are times that Chinese goods are the only way to go....the quality of these goods has come a long way...still you can get some real crap (Ebay) ya just need to do your homework.....I guess really I am just talking to be talking but I have to say you guys really help make the sport affordable......keep up the outstanding work..........ROCK ON!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Yes,way too much hate going on in here.Pit bikes are fun and it should'nt matter what you ride,or what somebody else rides.Get a bike your happy with,and dealer with good support,and everything should be good.We all should be trying to get along.And promote pitbiking, instead of tearing it apart.Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
379 Posts
This is good to hear guys. What size motors are you gonna have available besides the 155 in the future?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
firepower354 said:
Little birdy was chirping in BIG notes;)

He sure was :D ^^ .. 2010 is going to be a great year with hopes for loads of improvements over past years. John & Bob, I see you say your in debt to us for helping but the way I see it, with what you guys are doing for the sport, and the working man, it is all of us that are in debt to you guys. Stick to what you two ar doing and great things will come.

·
Registered
433 Posts
LasVegasStreetterror said:
He sure was :D ^^ .. 2010 is going to be a great year with hopes for loads of improvements over past years. John & Bob, I see you say your in debt to us for helping but the way I see it, with what you guys are doing for the sport, and the working man, it is all of us that are in debt to you guys. Stick to what you two ar doing and great things will come.

Chris, I think you got it right on the nail there, I see a great future here, for Bob, John, you, me and Terry. If we keep putting our heads together, we will make great things happen at Medina for the near future. ;):D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts