PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple questions about the RC50 if anybody can answer them. I have been looking for a used xr50 in my area and havent found anything good yet and me still being a newbie to pitbikes I never heard of the RC50 until yesterday and that thing looks sick. I then started comparing pricing a used xr50 $750 plus you have to add on handlebars, seat foam, pegs, and springs, bring the total to about $1200 and it would still be used and I asume still not have as much as a RC would have.

But what I'm confused about is what exactly does the RC50 have that seperates it from a xr50 besides the looks better frame, better engine, different swingarm, better handlebars, etc... Also most importantly is it built well? I would really like to talk to Vince about my questions, I hope he gets better soon. Also one last thing is it a copied version of the xr50 down to OEM specs with just better and improved things. I mean how can they sell it so cheap and still have quailty.

I'm most likely going to wait to July and see how the RC50 turns out before running out and getting a XR50. Thanks for any help and sorry its such a long post.

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
the thing with the RC bike is that it is ready for a big kid right away.

the motor is WAY better and faster

it has real suspension(forks)

it has plastics and graphics on it

has dirt tires

has a clutch

the upgrades are endless. its basically the budget bike for racers. yes if you built a bike yourself you can achieve a even better bike but you will be spending close to 3000 to do so.

RC bike is by far the best bang for the buck. ive seen it in person and it is PIMP!!

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
the rc is a really good deal, they really have put their funds into the right direction. the diference in bikes between the honda and rc50 is the performance-money ratio. hondas crf/xr50 are designed for kids, rcmotorports rc50,90 are "grown up" bikes from the beggining, making the cost less.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Have either of you actually ridden the new RC50 and can speak from experience, or only by what you've seen in pictures and heard through the grapevine?

As of today, other than prototypes (that may not be close to production), the bike isn't out on the market, and nobody really knows how nice the bike is going to be, correct?

·
Registered
202 Posts
z88R said:
Have either of you actually ridden the new RC50 and can speak from experience, or only by what you've seen in pictures and heard through the grapevine?

As of today, other than prototypes (that may not be close to production), the bike isn't out on the market, and nobody really knows how nice the bike is going to be, correct?

I love the AVATAR Z88 !!

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
ive seen it in person sat on it looked it over. didnt ride it. but have ridden bikes with parts that are being used on the bike. so the performance of the bike is still kinda out there. this bike was the display bike and doesnt get ridden. i know where vince is going with this and hes gonna build one sik bike for one hel of a price.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Here's my thoughts. The base RC50X bike for $13XX isn't going to be a race ready bike, but rather a base to start with in a more graduated form than the CRF50.

I have a feeling the true race-ready bikes he produces are going to be priced along the lines of the CR107 and SDG bikes.

Also remember, you are dealing with Chinese parts, and from past history, chinese parts tend to have a ton of manufacturing variances, and won't always be the most dependable. It's the luck of the draw.

I, for one, hope the bike is as delivered for $13xx, but I have a strong inkling by the time they hit the shores and people start purchasing them, there will be shortcomings people didn't count on.

While the lifan motors are a good start, they aren't as dependable as the Honda trannys. You can debate until you are blue in the face on this topic, but the chinese motors are not as dependable as their honda counterparts, and the materials that make up the bike aren't as strong.

Alot of the body parts will interchange, alot of the motor parts will not, and you'll have to purchase chinese bore kits to up the displacement of the 50cc motors. Taller cylinder deck height, different stroke, the list goes on and on.

I'm taking a wait and see approach and let others do the R&D before I jump in and pick one up.

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
z88R said:
Here's my thoughts. The base RC50X bike for $13XX isn't going to be a race ready bike, but rather a base to start with in a more graduated form than the CRF50.

I have a feeling the true race-ready bikes he produces are going to be priced along the lines of the CR107 and SDG bikes.

Also remember, you are dealing with Chinese parts, and from past history, chinese parts tend to have a ton of manufacturing variances, and won't always be the most dependable. It's the luck of the draw.

I, for one, hope the bike is as delivered for $13xx, but I have a strong inkling by the time they hit the shores and people start purchasing them, there will be shortcomings people didn't count on.

While the lifan motors are a good start, they aren't as dependable as the Honda trannys. You can debate until you are blue in the face on this topic, but the chinese motors are not as dependable as their honda counterparts, and the materials that make up the bike aren't as strong.

Alot of the body parts will interchange, alot of the motor parts will not, and you'll have to purchase chinese bore kits to up the displacement of the 50cc motors. Taller cylinder deck height, different stroke, the list goes on and on.

I'm taking a wait and see approach and let others do the R&D before I jump in and pick one up.
very well put. and i agree with it 100%

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
jfyi, I talked to Vince and you do not have to use chinese bore-up kits on that engine, I asked him if I would be able to put a trail bikes 88 kit and head on it and he said it would work perfectly, and if you can put a trail bikes kit in it, then that means you can also use takegawa and kitaco kits

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
The 86cc RC motors have a taller cylinder than the Honda motors, and you can't use the trailbikes cylinder or piston. However, you can run a TB cylinder on the 50 and 70cc lifan motors but you need to get the old 6v Z50 pistons.

Lifan = Chinese.

At one time Vince claimed you could use all the funky parts, but later said you can't and he'd have his own lines of cylinders to fit on these motors.

However, since he's changing the design of the motor on the newer bikes, the new motors may be able to use Honda parts.

(Edited for accuracy)

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Every bike may have its flaws, but you have to look at the price tag, with some of the flaws you listed i would still buy the bike compared to how many flaws the stock honda bike has. The rc bikes suspension could bottom out 24/7 and I'd still run it over the pogo stick front end on the hondas. The only thing that can be better then the rc bikes are the motors, which I don't think are. Vince has been already selling his rc70s with the lifan 75 motors. And that was a while back. Ive heard nothing about tranny problems? And when I rode that 75 it could easily smoke a 88. And alot of people have the 86 motors on this board. And with the interchangable parts dealy if he is fixing it like you say than things can only get better? That motor is going to be the same motor on the rc90x so any problems they have will be on the rc90x problems. And so far I have heard of No complaints. It basicly comes down to would you rather spend your money on what's the better of thw two. And by obvious reasons the RC bike has comparitive advantages already.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.