PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. New here. I bought an SSR170tr not too long ago. And let’s say it’s been a roller coaster of an experience with this thing. Anywhere from foot pegs breaking off (while preloading to hit a little kicker) actually ended up saving it. It was pretty decent. To taking a sledge hammer to the original carb. Oh and let’s not forget it catching on fire. But anyways. I was forever having an air leak issue and wasn’t smart enough to check for it so (that’s where the sledge hammer part comes in.) I’ve went through I’d say 3-4 different carbs till I finally put two and two together. Ow my “oem” carb was actually the one I liked the most. Before the air issues that is. But I want to make this thing scream for a little pit slayer. I’ve put a new cdi on it that helped a little bit not enough. Is there anything I can buy for this thing to make it rip. And or sound decent. And if exhaust system or whatnot what brand and or size? Sorry I’m new to the pitbike scene being as I’m 6”4 220lbs so pit bikes weren’t really my thing. But I’ve went more to the trail riding then track racing as of lately and my RMZ450 was just wayy too much for the woods so I broke down and bought one of these little guys. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time guys.

·
Registered
04 CRF70 03 XR50 05 CRF50 04CRF70
90 Posts
Hi. New here. I bought an SSR170tr not too long ago. And let’s say it’s been a roller coaster of an experience with this thing. Anywhere from foot pegs breaking off (while preloading to hit a little kicker) actually ended up saving it. It was pretty decent. To taking a sledge hammer to the original carb. Oh and let’s not forget it catching on fire. But anyways. I was forever having an air leak issue and wasn’t smart enough to check for it so (that’s where the sledge hammer part comes in.) I’ve went through I’d say 3-4 different carbs till I finally put two and two together. Ow my “oem” carb was actually the one I liked the most. Before the air issues that is. But I want to make this thing scream for a little pit slayer. I’ve put a new cdi on it that helped a little bit not enough. Is there anything I can buy for this thing to make it rip. And or sound decent. And if exhaust system or whatnot what brand and or size? Sorry I’m new to the pitbike scene being as I’m 6”4 220lbs so pit bikes weren’t really my thing. But I’ve went more to the trail riding then track racing as of lately and my RMZ450 was just wayy too much for the woods so I broke down and bought one of these little guys. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time guys.
V2 race head.

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For sure. Just bout it. This when I always end up blowing my bikes up haha. Big
Bore em and end up beating em too hard next thing ya kno. Boom over. But I’m definitely with this. Thank you for the suggestion much appreciated

·
Registered
74 Posts
I recommend a 28mm carb like a a pwk28. Need a carb boot to mount it. Check your valves to make sure there in spec. What gearing you running? A high compression piston would help too. Your head on the 170 is a roller rocker already from the factory so with a high comp piston and a pwk 28 or pe28 copy carb and you will make plenty of power for the trails.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I recommend a 28mm carb like a a pwk28. Need a carb boot to mount it. Check your valves to make sure there in spec. What gearing you running? A high compression piston would help too. Your head on the 170 is a roller rocker already from the factory so with a high comp piston and a pwk 28 or pe28 copy carb and you will make plenty of power for the trails.
I actually just bought a nibbi 30mm carb for it. And honestly have no clue what hearing I’m running. Whatever stock is. I haven’t done really much with it but get a new racing cdi and ignition coil. And the v2 race head I bought got canceled by the seller so now having second thoughts on even that

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there any specific high comp pistons you suggest Bc the only ones I can seem to find on ebay are for like 300cc engines

1 - 10 of 10 Posts