PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up a true survivor 71 ct 70. I finally received my box of parts and spent the day putting it back together. Everything was working until I pulled an idiot. I had my test light on the +ve post of the battery and it grounded out blowing the fuse, it was not running at the time. Someone had put a 10A in the holder instead of a 7, now the weirdness begins. I replaced the fuse and I still have no power.

If I disconnect the battery there's power between the terminals, connect it and it sucks the life out of the battery. The only things I can think it would be are the rectifier or the stator. When running it produces no power either, but the rectifier gets warm. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
"Someone had put a 10A in the holder instead of a 7, now the weirdness begins. I replaced the fuse and I still have no power."
I would not think that such a small difference in fuse sizes could cause such problems. I too am interested in the answers to the problem.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Definitely you have a short on the + or around there, try to disconnect areas and test continuity by sections, even could be a peeled wire touching the metal. With the short you did something may have melted. Lots of trial and error, good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These are my thoughts as well. To be fair the wiring is 50 years old and judging by the condition of the bike it's never been touched, points included. I ordered complete stator kit and rectifier. Just waiting on the snail to bring it to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts