PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Live2racemotox said:
my 50 all of a sudden started to smoke, still has good power, its completely stock what is wrong?

Tell your motor smoking causes cancer, and it shouldn't smoke!

How long have you been running the motor? Does it smoke on startup, and quit when it's warmed up, or smoke all the time? Did you just fill it (overfill with oil)?

Give us some more information to work with...

·
Registered
31 Posts
if your bike spends time on its side (trunk, backseat, crash), oil will leak past rings and smoke when u start it.

if you run stock filter/breather setup and too much oil you could be pumping the excess oil up to the carb. bad rings and blow-by could do same thing. take breather hose off air filter housing and see if it goes away.

·
Registered
32 Posts
mine smokes too. 04, not many hours, all stock (proformacne wise), except pro curcuit T-4 exhaust. is never on its side. i use honda GN4 oil. & smokes black at idle once its hot. somethimes worse than others.

EDIT: by the way, awsome avatars five0addict & 50man. :p

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
ok i got the solution...make sure your crank case breather isnt capped off..i listened to the wrong guy and i capped mine off and my pipe smoked after riding and while riding....my friend said it looked like a 2 stroke :)

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
The 2003 xr that i just bought today is smoking blue too...but i think that the people that owned it before put premix in the gas since they had 2 stroke big bikes. It doesn't smell like straight gas. Would premix in a 4 stroke burn blue?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.