PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very very new at this , got a 70 for my son but he is a new rider. I want to limit speed- any ideas? I have heard about limiting throttle or a flywheel but need help. I do not want him going fast at this time.

Also how loose should shocks be? they are very soft to me but not sure?

·
Registered
706 Posts
be carful though

leaving it in 1st gives him a ton of throttle to lose control..

Although I'm not sure what else you can do with a 70, I'm pretty sure 50's come with stock throttle limiters, but that doesn't really help on a 70 =\

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Take the top cap off the carburetor, pulling the spring and slide out with it. Work the throttle a couple times so you can get an idea of how much the slide moves. Now, take the slide off the cable. Get a piece of gas line or clear hose and cut it so it's about half the travel range. Put it over the cable, then the spring, then put the slide back on. Put the slide back in the carb, making sure it goes all the way down. (If it doesn't, turn it 180 degrees, and it should drop in all the way. Screw the cap on, and test your throttle restrictor. Longer hose, less throttle, shorter hose, more throttle. Adjust the length as needed.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Kurlon said:
Take the top cap off the carburetor, pulling the spring and slide out with it. Work the throttle a couple times so you can get an idea of how much the slide moves. Now, take the slide off the cable. Get a piece of gas line or clear hose and cut it so it's about half the travel range. Put it over the cable, then the spring, then put the slide back on. Put the slide back in the carb, making sure it goes all the way down. (If it doesn't, turn it 180 degrees, and it should drop in all the way. Screw the cap on, and test your throttle restrictor. Longer hose, less throttle, shorter hose, more throttle. Adjust the length as needed.

this is a great idea

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, Now- can any tell me how to find places to ride in Westchester County , New York or nearby. I am having trouble finding places on the web, any web sites that help ? thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.