PlanetMinis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ryan puts a post up for a set of forks for 170.00 I said that I would go 150.00, replays that if I paypal that evening then he will take 150.00 so I paypal him 150 . he guarantees that he will send them Saturday and ends up sending them Tuesday . he puts them diagonally in a box , ! fork and then some packaging and then the other opposite , but the forks were to tight and stressed the the box and one blew out the side . so I received one fork . he tells me to the post office because they automatically insure them for 100.00 and that he would make it right with me , so i did and thier is no insurance on them . I called customer care at the post office to see if they could locate the other fork leg at one of their depots but they can't track it because Ryan put a confirmation delivery on the package so it only tracks from point A to B no depots in between. He just pmed me and this is his reply .

QUOTE=slapaho16]my phone is broke cant recieve calls as far as the forks go not much i can do from my end i packaged them properly and shipped them i was un aware that usps didnt come with insurance but that is an added feature wich you did not pay for anyway only other thing i could do is have ship the 1 leg back to me with extra insurance and file a claim once they get here other than that once the package left my hands it was out of my control[/QUOTE]

then call me , here's the deal I paid you exactly as you said , so I held up my end , you did not package these forks correctly you put them in a box that was too small that's why they blew threw the box . My responsibility is to pay for the item and your is to make sure that I get the item that I paid you for in the condition that that we agreed . We did not agree on one fork .How could this be my fault ? If you can find a phone that dials out call me , David

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RIDE~4~LIFE said:
damn that really sucks, hope it all works out and they find teh fork leg

I have 4 hours in trying to locate this fork leg , but because Ryan did the delivery confirmation they cannot track it ,the post office said that if I did not fecive a call from them with in 48 hours then its considered a loss , it been a week so its gone . it sucks to get jacked like this .

·
Registered
103 Posts
man that sucks. can't trust sending anything like that threw the post office. even if there was insurance you would still be getting the run around from them. There is a postal worker somewhere that has 1 nice fork leg on his "pepboy's" chinese bike.

You would think that somewhere along the shipping line that someone would see it hanging out. Are they not allowed to fix a package?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AFROracing said:
man that sucks. can't trust sending anything like that threw the post office. even if there was insurance you would still be getting the run around from them. There is a postal worker somewhere that has 1 nice fork leg on his "pepboy's" chinese bike.

You would think that somewhere along the shipping line that someone would see it hanging out. Are they not allowed to fix a package?

I just got back from the post office and after showing them the box and the way it was packaged , they said that because Ryan did not leave 2 inches around the part in the box that even if it was insured when they looked at the way it was packaged they would not have covered it . the forks were jammed tight in the box diagonally . so from the start dealing with Ryan was a lose lose for me , thanks David

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Here is my see on it, and I was aware of the whole situation before reading this, and he told me the full story.

I am not taking sides here at all.

First off, if it was shipped to a verified address through paypal, doesn't paypal automatically cover it, or is that only on items that weren't received at all? They have a seller protection policy or something to that extent do they not?

I usually always pay extra with my packages to cover insurance just for this purpose unless I deem it unnecessary. I had a package stolen that I sent and there wasn't anything I could do about it.

All of Slapaho16's packages I ever received were packaged just fine. I've never had a problem, and he usually hooks it up with dirty cheap prices. I have done many deals with him and all went smoothly.

As far as the refund goes, I'm on the fence with that one. You could have opted to pay for insurance or at least discussed it maybe going in 50/50 but as far as I know it wasn't even brought up.

Now on the post office's end, I truly don't see how somewhere in there someone didn't notice a fork leg sticking out, or once it fell out surely they could have popped it back in there, even if it did suffer some damage. I know some people that work in the post office, and let's just say, they take care of NOTHING! The kids that I know that work there were not the brightest back in high school, and I assure you with no further education, they haven't brightened up magically.

So that is really my view on it. You kind of got what you paid for in a sense because of no insurance or even bringing it up. But I'm still on the fence about it, I will think more on it and get back with you both on it. But I'm interested to hear other's views on this.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know Ryan and this is the only dealings that I have had with him . but lets look at who is responsible for what the buyer = pay for the item , complete amount as discussed with seller

seller = get the item to the buyer in the condition agreed upon as discussed with the seller . that part did not happen , as far as insurance is concerned it was not discussed by either party ,

facts are I paid Ryan in his terms 150.00 and I recieved 1 fork that I can't use so I'm the only looser here , thanks David

stunt-ur said:
Here is my see on it, and I was aware of the whole situation before reading this, and he told me the full story.

I am not taking sides here at all.

First off, if it was shipped to a verified address through paypal, doesn't paypal automatically cover it, or is that only on items that weren't received at all? They have a seller protection policy or something to that extent do they not?

I usually always pay extra with my packages to cover insurance just for this purpose unless I deem it unnecessary. I had a package stolen that I sent and there wasn't anything I could do about it.

All of Slapaho16's packages I ever received were packaged just fine. I've never had a problem, and he usually hooks it up with dirty cheap prices. I have done many deals with him and all went smoothly.

As far as the refund goes, I'm on the fence with that one. You could have opted to pay for insurance or at least discussed it maybe going in 50/50 but as far as I know it wasn't even brought up.

Now on the post office's end, I truly don't see how somewhere in there someone didn't notice a fork leg sticking out, or once it fell out surely they could have popped it back in there, even if it did suffer some damage. I know some people that work in the post office, and let's just say, they take care of NOTHING! The kids that I know that work there were not the brightest back in high school, and I assure you with no further education, they haven't brightened up magically.

So that is really my view on it. You kind of got what you paid for in a sense because of no insurance or even bringing it up. But I'm still on the fence about it, I will think more on it and get back with you both on it. But I'm interested to hear other's views on this.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
stunt r thats a good idea I am now going to paypal to submit a dispute in the Resolution Center and see what they can do for me , thanks for the imput

dmc142 said:
I don't know Ryan and this is the only dealings that I have had with him . but lets look at who is responsible for what the buyer = pay for the item , complete amount as discussed with seller

seller = get the item to the buyer in the condition agreed upon as discussed with the seller . that part did not happen , as far as insurance is concerned it was not discussed by either party ,

facts are I paid Ryan in his terms 150.00 and I recieved 1 fork that I can't use so I'm the only looser here , thanks David

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dmc142 said:
stunt r thats a good idea I am now going to paypal to submit a dispute in the Resolution Center and see what they can do for me , thanks for the imput
ok here is where we sit ,

I put in a dispute with paypal and this was Ryans answer (the package was mailed and delivered as per the buyers instructions no insurance was added as it was not requested in the agreement that was made ) and my reply ( who's responsibility is it to make sure that the package is delivered in the condition agreed upon buy both parties , I purchased a pair of klx 110 forks and received one , so I clearly did not receive what I purchased , AGAIN MY RESPONSIBILITY IS TO PAY IN FULL CORRECT , RYANS RESPOSIBILITY IS TO GET TO PRODUCT TO ME IN THE . CONDITION THAT WAS AGREED ON , THAT PART DID NOT HAPPEN THERFORE THE SELLER DID NOT FORFILL HIS RESPONSIBILITYS, IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE SELLER TO PACKAGE THE PRODUCT CORRECTALLY , i WILL SENT PICTURES TO PROVE THAT THEIR WAS NOT 2 INCHES SUROUNDING THE FORKS IN THE BOX , THEREFOR IT WAS NOT PACKAGED CORRECTALLY . In the end again Ryan lost nothing and I lost all invested because he did not package this product correctly ) today I will have pictures up of the box and fork so their will no longer be any doubt on weather it was packaged correctly or not .

KEEP IN MIND THIS IS THE TYPE OF INDIVIDUAL YOU ARE DEALING WITH WHEN YOU PURCHASE SOMTHING FROM RYAN TANKSLEY , AS LONG AS HE IS PAID GOOD LUCK TO YOU , one more thing I have been trying to reach Ryan for over a week , he has only pmed me a couple times , supposedly does not have access to a phone that will accept calls or dial out , that should have been my first REDFLAG , my bad , Thanks David

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
our last 2 pms , ryan= what ever man i held up my end of the deal and how are you going to tell me the forks were improperly packaged you never saw the box before the post office took them im through with you i did what i said i would and got the package to you by saturday so dont even go bitching about that i give you one option to help you out and you go straight to the forums (wich im sure this will end up there also) so go ahead talk **** about me all over the internet i did my part and would have normally put insurance on a package but if you remember you ***** me down from 220 shipped to 150 so heres the deal i make you you payed 150 shipped i spent 30 dollars shipping them so that means you paid 120 for a new set of bbr e6 fork legs you still have one so ill give you 60 dollars of a refund

David= 60.00 ???? what value is 1 fork to me ??even if you would have insured them they would not have ben covered because you did not put 2 inches of packaging at each end of the forks call me

you listed these for 170.00 here is your original post bbr e6 fork legs 170 shipped

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bbr e6 fork legs 170 shipped

just the 2 fork legs 170 shipped

how do you come up saying that i ***** you down from 220.00 ? your post started at 170.00

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
The seller and buyer need to discuss the shipping price in detail and let the buyer know that if he wants insurance then he has to agree on the shipping price with insurance on major items.

Shipping fees are getting crazy and the USPS is deffinately at fault for losing a 30 inch leg out of a package...... but like I said these added insurance prices details need to be discussed in detail before both parties come to a mutual agreement.

I believe the seller had no ill intentions but unless the buyer and he agreed upon the added insurance cost up front then both parties are held accountable mutually. Never just assume anything.

This is a lesson that everyone here should be aware of and take note how easy it is to lose a package.

Maybe sticky a post making sure everyone asks these types of questions before a deal is met.

just my .02 and sorry to hear your lose

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
here are the pictures to show how they were packaged

in these pictures you will see that Ryan said he shipped them side by side and one must have slipped down but you can clearly see they are way to long to fit side by side , they were diagonal corner to corner and so tight that they deformed the box so any jarring and these things were going to blow threw , their was nothing to cushion the fork in the corner , you can see in the one picture how tight the forks were jammed in the box ,the corners were not even reinforced with tape. this is why when I took this box to the USPS they said that because of the way they were packaged they would not have covered any insurance claims even if it was insured .I believe its very evident that these forks will only fit in this box the way the pictures show . Who is at fault , the buyer for paying for them in full or the seller for not packaging them correctly. I believe that its the sellers responsibility to get the goods to the buyer in the condition agreed on by both parties. Insurance would not have mattered because of the way they were packaged . please correct me if I'm wrong . thanks David

Attachments

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
slapaho16 said:
ill just let this paypal claim ride and see where it goes if they make me pay i will

You need to take back the forks and refund the cash, and eat the loss. Paypal shouldn't even be involved.

The forks weren't packed in a box properly, you never discussed insurance, and your buyer did not receive the goods as advertised.

Any time something pokes out the side of the box, not enough care was taken to pack them.

I've had stuff like this happen and while it stinks, you need to do the honest thing and refund.

In the future, you need to give people the option to purchase insurance at an additional cost, ship via UPS or Fedex with a tracking number and have the shipment properly insured at the buyers expense.

There is no logical debate on how you can justify not providing a full refund and taking back the damaged shipment and eating the loss.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
slapaho16 said:
ill just let this paypal claim ride and see where it goes if they make me pay i will
that is your choice but keep in mind along with the black mark that you will get with paypal and the truth on here , it will cost a lot more that 150.00 in reality , this could have all been avoided if you would have just dialed a phone like I asked repeatedly, thanks David

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
slapaho16 said:
that box looked brand new when it left my hand the post office beat the **** out of that thing sorry but im not paying for their mistakes

you said they were side by side ? how is that possible and after looking at the picture how can you still believe that they were packaged correctaly can you see now how tight they were in the box ?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
To paypal from start to finish

I paid the seller $150 thru pay pal as requested. The seller shipped the items, the items were not packaged correctly(I have pictures of the packing I can forward to you to show how they were packaged) I went to US Post Office and they said that because the seller did not leave 2" of packing material surrounding the entire content that they would not have covered any shipping insurance even if it would have been offered,which it was not. I also called the US post office claim department and filed a claim to try to locate the lost item. They said they would contact me within 48 hours if it was found. I was never contacted. I have tried every thing in my power to locate the fork so that we had no issue to resolve.Ryan has done ABSOLUTLY NOTHING .I have over 20 phone messages to the seller in an attempt to contact him and describe the details of the packaging-he has not responded to the phone messages. The only response he has made is he will have pay pal hash this out and if they make him pay he will. I tried to resolve this issue with the seller, his only reply is that it was no ones fault. The fact still remains that I have a complete loss because this was a set of motorcycle forks and having received only one it has no value. The responsibility of the buyer is to pay in full and the responsibility of the seller is to get the goods to the buyer in the condition that was agreed upon, we agreed on a set of forks and I only received 1/2 of the set. Thanks for your time David it is now out of my hands but keep my costly experience in mind the next time you deal with Ryan Tanksley ( slapaho16 )

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dude i was there when he packaged these forks. from my point of view not being the packaging expert that you have come to be. They looked very well taken care of. Shouldnt have of been so cheap and spent the extra money for the insurance. Move the hell on and just learn to ride on one wheel. Just my two cents.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.