PlanetMinis Forums banner

261 - 279 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
A burned out SL70 headlight is pretty common. If you do not have a working battery in the bike, or if the tail light does not work, the bulb will often blow when the bike gets revved. It is just the way they set it up, where the battery and tail light draw current to act as a buffer to voltage spikes. Honda trail bikes makes a replacement unit that has a changeable bulb. A lot better than trying to find an original sealed beam unit and watching it blow (a sad situation I unfortunately have experienced.) Good that you are getting the new battery.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice job! I love it! I got my engine in the frame today and the carb rebult. Still looking for a good tank, then I'll get going on the color.

·
Registered
16 Posts
While I wait for a few parts, I decided to have a little fun. First run in 30+ years and only a few small hiccups. Throttle stuck open twice and float isn’t seating the greatest in the bowl. Sure brings back memories of a little over 42 years ago when this showed up for an excited 8yr old me!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for all the assistance and encouragement, I'm glad I made the decision to restore it, turned out to be a fun winter project. Tmas, I like your bike, are you planning on restoring it?, will hang around and watch the projects in progress, hang in there hemi, it will come together shortly, will keep an eye out for a tank.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here is the start of my project. Picked up a basket case and plan on making what I call a jamboy out of spare parts I have laying around. 12 in wheels.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks like a good score,(y) If the rust isn't too bad inside, a product called Metal Rescue(Home Depot) cleaned mine up amazingly well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Got everything button up, wiring harness connectors repaired, clear coat over decals, cranked on the second kick.:)
My new project, 1972 H1B, I'll post a pic when complete.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My wife had got too close to the SL70 after riding it a few times, had to find her a little scooter, stumbled up on this one owner, 700 original miles Yamaha Chappy, she loves it, now I can keep her off the 70, new seat cover ordered.

261 - 279 of 279 Posts