PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok there in the mail and i want to have all the oil and things to put them on right away. what weight oil for the stock springs? how much do i need? is there anything else that im going to want right away?

thanks for the input!!

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i have no lack of handlebars to choose from, but depending on the sructure/strenth of the chrome bars, i might just use my tagminiplays instead. the clamp dosent look much lower than the applied clamps, that im running.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The bars you'll get with your fork kit are almost identical to Mini-Plays. They're not the MSR minicycle bars he used to use. I think they're right on the money with the tall clamp system, plus they look pretty trick. I don't think he's got them on his site yet, but I can send you e-mail pics if you want to see what you'll be getting.

~Ron

Xtreme Racing 50s

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
your triping weedracr, i ride with my bars miniplay+applied, and everyone thinks there way tall. its perfect for me though. in anyway i will put on whatever feels good. and cam there black now? on the site its shown as chrome.

·
Registered
101 Posts
five0addict said:
your triping weedracr, i ride with my bars miniplay+applied, and everyone thinks there way tall. its perfect for me though. in anyway i will put on whatever feels good. and cam there black now? on the site its shown as chrome.

The new ones are all black. What you see on the site are the old polished aluminum MSR's in the fork pics. The new ones are several inches taller and a lot more comfortable.

~Ron

Xtreme Racing 50s

·
Registered
101 Posts
I replied to this earlier?!? Anyway, your forks are supposed to ship today. He was picking up your lower clamp last night, then getting the engraving done, so they'd go out today. Give him a call to verify them leaving for sure. On the silver bars, I've got a set of these same bars in silver he sent me before he had them changed to black. If you want them, I'd be more than happy to swap with you. They're just sitting here if you want them, so let me know.

See ya,

~Ron

Xtreme Racing 50s

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well thats good to hear :D man this has been the most sickening wait of my life. but neway, its cool as black, i mean it shouldnt be worth the shipping to trade, ya know. BTY, daryll tell u anything bout the springs in them? just wondering,pm me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
five0addict said:
well thats good to hear :D man this has been the most sickening wait of my life. but neway, its cool as black, i mean it shouldnt be worth the shipping to trade, ya know. BTY, daryll tell u anything bout the springs in them? just wondering,pm me.

He didn't say anything to me about the springs, but you'll get the standard rates unless you asked him to do otherwise. You might want to call him on that one to verify.

~Ron

Xtreme Racing 50s

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
I RUN SIK50's FORKS ON MY BIKE AND THEY HAVE THE HEAVY DUTY SPRINGS IN IT AND I RUN 3ozs OF 15wt FORK OIL IN THEM. THEY WORK AWSOME......I JUST GOT A REEG PRO FRAME AND IT NOW COMES WITH AN ELKA SHOCK. AND THE SIK50's FORKS ON THE FRONT END LOOKS LIKE IT BALANCES OUT QUITE NICELY. I THINK I MIGHT TRY 20wt FORK OIL. TO SEE HOW THAT WORKS..? I WAS LOOKING INTO BOMBSHELLS AND RED BARRON FORKS ALSO INTO STAVRONS. BUT I MUST SAY THAT THE SIK50's HAVE NEVER LET ME DOWN ONCE.........NO LEAKS

OLDSCHOOL

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
DIDN'T WANT THEM, THE TRIPLE CLAMPS LOOKED PURPLE. AND THE RED BARRON COME OUT FRIDAY "SUPPOST TOO" ANY WAY. I GOT PIC'S BUT CANT POST THEM CAUSE I DONT KNOW HOW????? E-MAIL ME AND I WILL SEND YOU PIC'S

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Kevin, probably a good move you didn't go with the bombshells. I dont know about them red baron forks either. Pretty similar to bombshells, internal wise, and the bombshells were very harsh.

You dont want to get something you wont be pleased with because you want to rush it. You'll end up spending more money anyways.

Just an example:

Bombshells (1000$) You dont like. So you end up spending 1300$ on stavrons. Total = 2300$

or you can

Stavrons (1300) enjoy them, and not have to worry about anything. Total = 1300, instead of 2300. You choose.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.