PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bbr super pro swingarm

i just got my bbr super pro +3 swingarm on my bike yesterday(which i bought from the classifieds from son and it is killer). my problem is that i have a stock frame and swinger with the small i shock and 250lb spring. i made a bracket and welded it to the frame in what i think is the right position. the prob is when i sat on it to check it out i totally collapse the spring. i assume the leverage is different on the big bike style swinger. can i get a stiff enough spring and where or what length shock should i buy? ithink mine is the 260mm do i need the 275 or will a 1200 lb spring work on mine. if so where do i get it

thanks, i need all the help i can get :confused:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Instead of buying a new shock..... get a new frame. It's a little silly to run that set up on a stock frame considering it's not even made for it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i would like to eventually get a new frame but thats a few hundred at least used and then ill still need a new shock or spring. this is to just get me a couple months or at least past christmas a little.

·
Registered
213 Posts
You'll need a different shock. Get a shock that was intended to be used with a mx style swing arm. You can get an iShock with a heavy spring from Faster Minis. They are longer shocks than A-type swinger shocks. Once you have the right shock for the set up, it'll give you an idea where to weld the bracket on the frame.

Different positions of the shock effect leverage. That's why the new BBR's Super Pro swingers can be ordered with 3 different adjustable shock mount positions (soft, mid, hard). The farther the lower mount is away from the engine/frame the harder the setting and vice versa.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya, ive done more research and i guess ill have to get a new shock, i wasnt thinkin of the valving just the spring. i know you get what you pay for but will the fastace or a dnm work for awhile. anyone have any reviews of these? sumthin for under a couple hundred would be nice.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
get the dnm with the 900lb spring....but this is set up for larger people or adults. The fast ace shocks seem too stiff unless you are pushing 250lbs. if this is for a child go back to a hoop style swingarm until he gets bigger.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts