PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
I rode re-valved gpx forks for 2 seasons, they worked great and held up great. Never blew a seal. I've ridden zokes, stock and re-valved. They are great to. There is a difference but not one thats gonna hold you back.

·
Registered
474 Posts
My shivers are like riding a cadillac! My GPX were not bad though butI found them to be stiff even after adjustment. I run an elka rear shock and my zokes are stock. I have never found a need for more suspension.

·
Vendor
3,643 Posts
This is how I would rate them..

Stock GPX Forks 7

Re worked GPX forks 9

Stock Zokes 8

Re worked Zokes 10

The gold Zokes on Pitsters are 100% real Zokes from Italy, same as the black shivers just with our own custom color.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
for my riding style i emphasise most of my riding on the front wheel and the forks are real important

a good 7wt oil change in the GPX forks make them nice and plush, that will travle through the midstroke good botton restanc. i have tryed 10wt but that makes the forks feel kinda harsh on the little stuff and harder when u over jump something. so i have found that a 7wt oik works best

i have ridden stock zokes and to me then are just a kittke to soft and would need reworked for my style

for me the gpx with a 7wt oil change are better then stock zokes IMO because i would have to redo the zokes to my style.

my setup on the gpx forks are 48mm air gap with 7wt oil, 5 clicks out on the (R) and 7 clicksout on the (C)

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
GPX Forks aren't bad with an oil change at all. I would not say they feel better than stock zokes though. After riding my Zokes motarding and riding some GPX... wow the zokes really shine! Of course mine were done by Velocity.

The major things I can feel between the forks is how smooth the Zokes are over the GPX. And how well they ramp up. The GPX forks do offer an inch more travel though.

·
Vendor
10,568 Posts
wow , we have come quite a ways in the last few years

"gpx" china forks are now compared directly to $1500 italian works forks

in 05 you would have never seen a thread like this !

·
Vendor
3,643 Posts
TheCRKid said:
wow , we have come quite a ways in the last few years

"gpx" china forks are now compared directly to $1500 italian works forks

in 05 you would have never seen a thread like this !

lol good point!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.