PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey well are they good tires... I luv how wide they are.... Give me the pros and cons plz

·
Registered
266 Posts
gomerpile2525 said:
Hey well are they good tires... I luv how wide they are.... Give me the pros and cons plz

I only had the rear but...

Pros:

It had good traction, didn't wear out too quick, raises the gear ratio a little bit (barely noticeable)

Cons:

It doesn't last good on street,its kind of hard to put on

p.s. save up for that bar kit and the front springs b4 you go for tires :wink: trust me

·
Registered
351 Posts
I just got a Shinko tire fer the rear. Havent tried it yet but i got the 2.50 apposed to the 2.75. Im runnin a stock engine so little things like that help.

Ive been changing tires fer a long time and ive never had such a pain trying to change that f****** thing. I got so frustrated i chewed up my rim pretty good. 8)

I'll let ya know how it preforms.

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
these tires suck..........knobbies tend to rip off the side from hard cornering and they are EXTREMELY HARD to put on. a waste if you ask me. get a bridgestone402 or starcross or millville........MUCH better IMO.

yea logikal hit it right on the head too.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok so if not shinkos then i need a hard tire becuase i live in the desert... With lots a rock and clay...some sand...i want a tire that is gonna help me roost and that is gonna last longer...and mx rider ya i do need bar kit and shit but if my tire goes bald then that has to come first :)....Ive riden the bike so much since ive got it that the tread in the back is wearing lol

·
Registered
266 Posts
gomerpile2525 said:
ok so if not shinkos then i need a hard tire becuase i live in the desert... With lots a rock and clay...some sand...i want a tire that is gonna help me roost and that is gonna last longer...and mx rider ya i do need bar kit and shit but if my tire goes bald then that has to come first :)....Ive riden the bike so much since ive got it that the tread in the back is wearing lol

Ok, its your choice, tires are cheap anyways lol

but whatever you do, dont get the bridgestone m40 in the rear or the m39 in the front! those are the 2 worst tires ive ever had and i got a stock motor!! you dont get any traction and the front wears out realy quick, the rear has lasted a long time and did i mention that you dont get ANY traction, good for perfect soil, but suck for the high desert!

im about to try out this front tire but i forgot the name of it lol

If i were you i would go into motozone and look and see if they have any tires for the little ktm's, you might be able to find something good in there.

just my .02

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wat do u have gudac?

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
you guys are missing a huge point, different tires are good for different surfaces, you dont run paddles on dirt. the shinko looks like a hard pack tire, if it rolls PUT MORE AIR IN IT! the further apart the knobs the softer terrain they are for.

some tires work for different riding styles too, id go with the shinko for dirt jumping, but a race tire would be more like a starcross.

later.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im gonna do alot of trials a little bit of jumping right now... But see i need a tire that is gonna last me a long ass time... But i can roost very good... These stock tires suck so bad...

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Trails man.... trials with a 50 ahhaha

·
Registered
27 Posts
i live in hesperia and go riding out in the stoddard wells area alot, its a nice mix of terrain from soft to rocks to hard pack, i run the dunlop d756 's and i love them they have a nice bite in all those conditions, but if you ride on these gravley, crapy, pot hole infested streets up here it just eats the rubber right off, there definatly not good for our streets, but my buddies got the shinkos on his bike and hes happy with them riding in the same conditions so i guess its just a matter of personal preference, hes only had them on for a couple rides though so im not shure how good they will hold up yet, im gonna try out those starcross's next i have heard alot of good things about them

·
Registered
27 Posts
another buddie of mine has the perreli in the rear and he hates that tire, we got them put on at the same time, and usualy go riding together so they have about the same amount of time on them and his tire wore out in about 1/4 of the time as the dunlop, so in my opinon i wouldnt go with the perreli

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.