PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well ive done some searching and cant seem to fine anybody will the exact same problems im having...

its an 04 klx that i just got, my first 110

im assuming the nut with the screw on the inside on the clutch cover is the way to adjust the clutch?

1st, the kick starter will not always engage... every 10 kicks or so when its cold, and once its warm it rarely happens, ive adjusted the clutch and still nothing, is it the centrifugal clutch? ive talked to a few guys that said that what it could be. if it is, is it hard to rebuild it?

2nd. after installing a new sunline shifter the bike is impossible to shift under power and tough to do when at an idle, ive adjusted to clutch and it helped a little but its still jacked...

it wasnt quite as bad with the stock shifter, and the new one is not rubbing or hitting anywhere.

·
Registered
509 Posts
well i dont see the shifter having anything to do with it but the shaft its on is probably bent. as far as kicking it over im not sure exactly what your asking ? if you kick it and it feels like nothings there the clutch needs to be adjusted, the screw on the side with the jam nut turn it out counter clockwise till it gets hard the turn it in clock wise 1/2 turn and your good hope this helps

·
Registered
509 Posts
nope just the right cover if you are sitting on the bike and then you will see it goes through case halves remove it check if its bent and go from there. you can also check to see if your shift star is missing any pegs. its under the big flat washer above shift rod

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
willmott263 said:
well ive done some searching and cant seem to fine anybody will the exact same problems im having...

its an 04 klx that i just got, my first 110

im assuming the nut with the screw on the inside on the clutch cover is the way to adjust the clutch?

1st, the kick starter will not always engage... every 10 kicks or so when its cold, and once its warm it rarely happens, ive adjusted the clutch and still nothing, is it the centrifugal clutch? ive talked to a few guys that said that what it could be. if it is, is it hard to rebuild it?

2nd. after installing a new sunline shifter the bike is impossible to shift under power and tough to do when at an idle, ive adjusted to clutch and it helped a little but its still jacked...

it wasnt quite as bad with the stock shifter, and the new one is not rubbing or hitting anywhere.

It's fairly typical for a KLX/DRZ110 engine for the clutch to slip while kicking it.

Adding aftermarket HD springs will help this.

As for your shifting under power.... You need to adjust your auto clutch.

When you pick up on the shifter, the mechanism disengages your drive clutch allowing the transmission to unload gears and switch to the next. If and when you shift the bike and it doesn't wanna change gears, that means that the drive clutch isn't disengaged. back the screw out.

·
Registered
420 Posts
if the clutch is slipping when your kicking it over you need to get HD springs (heavy Duty) i had the stock ones in and had the same problem.. and im running a 134.

I put in KTM65 springs and it kicks everytime now..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.