PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey ShapeShifter.... I wish I had an answer for you. I don't have a spare ZB shifter either. But, I found this on eBay that looks familiar.
tmas

Honda Gear Change Lever Pedal Arm Shift Shifter Z50 Z 50 Minitrail Mini Trail | eBay
Thanks Todd. I am not really looking for a heel toe lever, just one that curves under the bulbous ignition cover. The ZB50 cover sticks out further than a typical 50 cover. I'm not sure if the shift shafts is longer or if the pedal is a different shape...

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a pic of the ZB heel toe shifter. What shifters have you tried that didn't work?
tmas
Right, that's what I thought. It has a big u shape. I have tried a stock Z50 shifter and an aftermarket CRF shifter. The both come straight out and hit the cover unless you point them too far down.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey,

Saw this thread and went out to look at it on my zb50. Mine had the standard z50 shifter when I got it. I put it back on for kicks. I didn't realize how far down you have to mount a standard shifter to get it so it doesn't interfere with the cover. The arc on the front of the zb50 shifter helps it clear. I do have an extra zb shifter if you really need it, but sadly I can't sell it cheap. I probably paid too much for it and wouldn't let it go for less than I paid.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey,

Saw this thread and went out to look at it on my zb50. Mine had the standard z50 shifter when I got it. I put it back on for kicks. I didn't realize how far down you have to mount a standard shifter to get it so it doesn't interfere with the cover. The arc on the front of the zb50 shifter helps it clear. I do have an extra zb shifter if you really need it, but sadly I can't sell it cheap. I probably paid too much for it and wouldn't let it go for less than I paid.

Mike
Yeah, thanks for confirming. I got your PM too.

Do you think the actual shift shaft is longer on a ZB also?

·
Super Moderator
10,635 Posts
I think I researched this a few years ago and the ZB & ATC / TRX use a longer shifter shaft. Not 100% sure. Have you seen a ATC70 /TRX stock shifter?
tmas

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I researched this a few years ago and the ZB & ATC / TRX use a longer shifter shaft. Not 100% sure. Have you seen a ATC70 /TRX stock shifter?
tmas
I have, in fact Tim just sent me a picture. I may end up with an ATC70 shifter....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you ever end up settling on a shift lever? Did the atc70 shift lever work on the zb50? I'm having difficulty locating one.

·
Super Moderator
9,861 Posts
Thanks for the link. In your experience did the atc70 shifter work on the zb50?
If you're asking me, I've never owned a ZB50, so I can't say for sure if it works or not.

I interpreted your post above (#10) to mean that you were looking for an ATC70 shifter, that's why I posted the link

·
Registered
9 Posts
I understand now. I would like to know if anyone has tried the atc70 shifter on the zb50 and whether that's functional or not. I'm having difficulty finding OEM zb50 heel/toe gearshift lever. Any leads to where I could find one is appreciated, otherwise ill settle on the one you suggested and give it a shot.

·
Super Moderator
10,635 Posts
I understand now. I would like to know if anyone has tried the atc70 shifter on the zb50 and whether that's functional or not. I'm having difficulty finding OEM zb50 heel/toe gearshift lever. Any leads to where I could find one is appreciated, otherwise ill settle on the one you suggested and give it a shot.
I know it's a close fit. I'll try it and get some pics of it. Have a look at the link.
tmas

Footpegs, Footbrake And Shifters

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like that repro OEM shifter from the link, I think I'll get that one. I'm nearing time to start her up for her first ride in many years so I'll have to settle for one now and get the NOS ZB50 one later. She still ain't pretty but all in due time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts