PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I'm looking for a new carburetor, so I found this 18mm sheng wei carb that might work for my setup.
The only problem is that I cant find any pilot jets that will fit!
I havent bought it yet, only asked around at the few dealers who sell that kind of stuff here in europe.

Hope you guys can help me out?

here is a picture of it

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool :)
The only problem is that I would have to import them to denmark.
And because of the denmark stupid import laws and taxes, the jets would end up costing about the same as my house :p

Do you know if the18mm shen wei, shares parts with any carburetor, like keihin or mikuni?

·
Super Moderator
10,387 Posts
I believe the Sheng Wey is a clone of the Keihin PE18, but...

The the pilot jets have different outer diameters - The Sheng Wey pilot jet is 5mm OD and the Keihin is 5.5mm, as I recall. The extra .5mm makes a difference when you tighten it down on the Sheng Wey carb.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What a bitch...
I have heard good things about the sheng way carb, but maybe its gonna be too hard sourcing parts for it.
Not in the us tho, but here in europe there aint nothing for it : (

I will just have to keep looking for a carb with parts ready available, even if I have to pay a little more for the carb.
It aint worth much If I cant dial it in.

·
3,324 Posts
What a bitch...
I have heard good things about the sheng way carb, but maybe its gonna be too hard sourcing parts for it.
Not in the us tho, but here in europe there aint nothing for it : (

I will just have to keep looking for a carb with parts ready available, even if I have to pay a little more for the carb.
It aint worth much If I cant dial it in.
Try Monkeybiker.se. / Monkeybiker Sweden has a site and they are a Tbparts dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts