PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to remove my secondary clutch, but after a lot of force, the inner hub just turns like the clutch is slipping.

http://planetminis.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=71315&stc=1&d=1272915722

you can see what im trying to remove, however, i dont have the clutch holder tool like in the manual.

anyone got any hints?

plus, how do i remove my flywheel without a puller?

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
you can get a strap wrench for dirt cheap from harbor freight.

also I've heard of people sticking a penny inbetween the primary and secondary gears and that locks it up so it can't spin. And the copper/zinc is soft enough to leave your gears undamaged.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I'm using a strap wrench and it holds the outer clutch basket still, but when I try to loosen the hub nut, the whole inner clutch hub turns with it...

Any ideas? Look at the pic above if you don't know what I mea-.

·
Registered
363 Posts
stick a penny between the teeth on the gears to keep it from moving. works everytime for me. as for the fly wheel. they are on there really really good so the best bet is to just use a fly wheel puller. You can get them for like 10-15 bucks and then it makes it a 1 minute job.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Think the penny would be doing the same job as my strap wrench... will have another go in half an hour and re post

·
Registered
204 Posts
Get a flywheel puller there like 12 quid from kawasaki because using a lever behind the flywheel to get it off can damage the flywheel,crank,cases which to replace cost way more than a price of a puller also the puller is a 1 minute job so much easier than bodging it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
an impact is an electric or air powered wrench that "hammers" internally to loosen bolts. you can probably get a good 1/2" electric powered impact at a hardware store. just ask someone there. it will take it off for sure. you will just have to hold the hub a bit with your hands to keep it from spinning, but the force of impact will loosen that nut in no time

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Borrowed the neighbours impact, was so easy! Still need to get my flywheek off tho, will probs get a puller.

Once I have all the case screws out, any tips on getting the cases apart?

·
Registered
363 Posts
slayerklx said:
Think the penny would be doing the same job as my strap wrench... will have another go in half an hour and re post

I tried the strap wrench method at first but had no luck with it working the strap would just slip around. The impact is always the way to go since its a quick burst to knock is loose.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts