PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i picked up this pitbike down the street from good ole ed. it was sitting on a trailer for a few weeks in the rain. so we asked him about it, he said "if you can get it running its yours"

long story short all it needed was the carb tuned! SCORE! :D

it was veerryyyyy dirty. and the plastics were cracked. the seat is good though. and i threw on a set of new shrouds and front fender. its pretty quick. very fun bike. the spokes on the rear wheel are super rusty! thinkin about ratlle canin' it....

MY QUESTION IS! what aftermarket parts can i buy? ive already got asv's, and i know the plastics will fit, but what else!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
T Bolt USA said:
Body / seat / plastics are all CRF50

let me know if we can help
found that out already, bike looks bitchin with the stock plastics/seat. what pipe options do i have?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fiddy4ever said:
yea same pegs. And yes aftermarket crf forks will work
sweet. what would be some good, somewhat cheap forks? im on a budget 4sure haha. but these stock ones are sh!++y

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Well forks are exspensive.

Your best bet to save some money would be to get bbr sp5`s.

There similar to stock sdg forks but there way beter feeling

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fiddy4ever said:
Well forks are exspensive.

Your best bet to save some money would be to get bbr sp5`s.

There similar to stock sdg forks but there way beter feeling
i dont like the look or feel of the stock ones. i dont like the bbr ones either. they feel cool, but i dont like the look of em at all. i was thinking about picking up some marzocchis? maybe some fast ace?

·
Registered
176 Posts
well i just picked a sdg up and was told trans had a problem well found out it was a broken case and worn gears i guess this is a common problem for 04's well i was wondering if the lifan 125 case will work as a replacement because some one told me they are the same any help or ideas?

·
Vendor
10,562 Posts
lilbiss2k said:
well i just picked a sdg up and was told trans had a problem well found out it was a broken case and worn gears i guess this is a common problem for 04's well i was wondering if the lifan 125 case will work as a replacement because some one told me they are the same any help or ideas?
The few SDG 107cc engine i had open were similar to other rear clutch bottom ends like Jialing 124cc but they have the extra cylinder studs

You may want to consider replacing the whole engine

let me know if we can help

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
if you want to rock the SDG, get ahold of Chapparal in San Bernardino...they bought out the remaining SDG inventory of engine parts and they may still have the repair kit that fixes the trans.....I have done it on my 107 and it is good to go....some parts from Lifan 125's will work in the lower ends too.....it would be easier to just get another engine but you may be like me and want to run something no one else has anymore...after a cam and a hi compression piston the engine runs ok...needs some porting to make it breathe tho.....FPM can hook you up with some of that stuff and/or a rocking new mill

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
doopsx3 said:
if you want to rock the SDG, get ahold of Chapparal in San Bernardino...they bought out the remaining SDG inventory of engine parts and they may still have the repair kit that fixes the trans.....I have done it on my 107 and it is good to go....some parts from Lifan 125's will work in the lower ends too.....it would be easier to just get another engine but you may be like me and want to run something no one else has anymore...after a cam and a hi compression piston the engine runs ok...needs some porting to make it breathe tho.....FPM can hook you up with some of that stuff and/or a rocking new mill
that sounds cool, yeah i was withink of port/polish for the intake already cause its pretty gritty. ill hit up chaparal and see what the parts are available. my 4th gear already slips and i dont even want to deal with a tranny

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
reason your trans is slipping is due to the faulty kick gear...when the trans breaks on these , it cracks the case and breaks the output shaft on the clutch side....very nasty actually....do not ride until repaired or you will do more damage....the repair kit comes with a new shaft, a gear or two, a right side inner case, and shift star.....you may be able to use parts out of a Lifan 125...have not tried it but have heard it is possible...I have one of those SDG repair kits but am reluctant to get rid of it...I was thinking of building up another SDG 107.....the motor has some issues but once fixed they are pretty fun.....just gotta ride it like a small bore non power valved 2 stroke

·
Registered
176 Posts
does anyone know if i can still get this upgrade kit ?? i need one bad. also do the 05's have the same problem? and i talked to sdg they sold the rest of parts they had to chapparral but he told me a lifan bottom end/right side case would work but idk if anyone has done this or not please let me know and thanks for all the help so far

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
talk to FPM....he may have the 125 case....I may sell my extra repair kit but it is pricey...would be cheaper to go with 125 parts

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
$180....do not really want to sell it..I have another '04 engine waiting for me to repair it.....but like I said, it would be cheaper to mod Lifan 125 parts....or just get a different motor

1 - 20 of 27 Posts