PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really considering getting an SDG. I like my 50 but I just realize how much $$ it will cost just to get some suspension and a frame. I did some searches but they were from a while ago. I just want to hear from people who own them or have ridden them and see how they are holding up. My one big concern is the tranny as many say there is a false nuetral problem. How many of you with SDG s actually have this problem?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Well seeing as there upgrading it weekly with neew upgrades from what I've heard they've eithier done fix the bug or working it it right now it seems every fews month the thing gets better in better i've road one and there really fast and seemed to hold up good. the front forks will need hd sprigns or heavy weight oil and the shock needs to be flipped and maybe a spring and just get it jetted and it should be fine. :)

·
Registered
787 Posts
They look cool, but that's about it. Honestly I would wait acouple years to see if the company will continue to make them. Just stick to money into your fiddie. That $1300 price difference will get you some decent suspension for your 50. If you decide to go with a SDG let me know what you want for your fiddie.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
id say 4 out of 5 have had the tranny problems.

kickstart problems about 1 or 2 out of 5.

wheels, pegs, pegmounts, and shock 5 of 5.

throttle/carb 1 out of 5.

you get what you pay for, its not a great deal IMO.

LATER

stanton.

edit; i agree with everyone above, take your time and build up a honda slowly!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
oo so if i have a e22 head i can bolt my lifan 110 piston e22 head and 110 cylinder on to my xr70 engine as well as my lifan clutch?

·
Registered
462 Posts
mxbillyu812 said:
oo so if i have a e22 head i can bolt my lifan 110 piston e22 head and 110 cylinder on to my xr70 engine as well as my lifan clutch?

UM NO! only way ur gonna do that is to put the 110 crank it your 70 cases too. i dunno if it will fit.

·
Registered
91 Posts
as ive said on all the other SDG posts, I love my SDG. I had to replace the pegmounts, flip the shock around, and add heavy weight oil to the front forks. So far my bike runs good and i ride it pretty hard, lots of jumps. I will say there is tranny problems but i put 10w-30 REDLINE oil in it and it seems to not hit neutral as much.

Personally I would get a HONDA and fix it up, but i wanted a good bike right away (i have no patience) so i got the SDG.

Dude if you have a 50 already, get the SDG and put the 50cc engine in the SDG, then you will have no tranny problems. Then sell the 50 with the SDG engine. hahaha

G

·
well ive heard not good about em. had xperience (friends)

theres sorta a sdg/xtreme haters thread on another site (50riders) lol pretty funny actually. sounds gay i no, o well, i didnt start it

·
Registered
989 Posts
Guess I was very luck with the one we have. I haven't found a false neutral yet after hammering the tranny pretty hard. So far i've ripped that chain tensioner thing and tapped in my own chain roller into the frame, replaced the peg mount,bars and throttle and cable too. If you look at how the throttle cable goes into the carb, it has this huge kink in it. Also got a new set of tires that actually grip on it (starcross). Readjusted the valves too and the bike runs damn awesome now. Definatly a fixer-upper still though.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It seems like the people who actually own an SDG are generally happy with them. Most of the negatives that I keep hearing are from people who have looked at them or heard about them. I am interested in hearing opinions on people who drive them on a regular basis.

To the owners: if you were in my shoes and already had a 50 that had stock suspension would you trade in an get an SDG or would you keep spending $$ to upgrade the 50?? I'm guessing it would be over $1000 dollars for forks/frame/swingarm and would cost me a lot less to trade in my 50. Do the negatives of the SDG outweigh the spending of a lot more $$??

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
sorry to be off topic but stanton i just did it and its a 107cm and i measured the crank.. its not longer or shorter than a honda..

·
Registered
290 Posts
I had my SDG for about two months and have had many problems. My stater coil burnt out, my footpegs bent, I hit the occasional neutral, and the biggest problem was my addoler gear. It is attached to the kickstart gear and the shaft snapped in half. To fix it I have to rip apart the whole transmission.. I got sick of the SDG motor and put an XR70 motor in it and got a big bore kit for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
nice, that's why i have a honda. my bud had one and he hated it. one thing after another. and we worked that tranny as best we could. took it a part a ton of times. and disk brakes i'm not to fond of them ruts will destroy them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.