PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I ran one for awhile on my 70. For motard, it's a good front end. You get a BEEFY set of forks and clamps, and a 12" wheel, plus a disc front end that out of the crate stops good, with a smaller piston master cylinder and new pads, it'll stop like a superbike. The extra weight you pack on by mounting it shifts the weight bias of the bike towards the front.

The downside, it weighs just shy of a metric ton, and if you're jumping the travel is limited (4.5 inches). That said, it's BEEFY so don't worry about wrecking the forks themselves. The wheel is a bit on the soft side, and narrow so a new rim down the line wouldn't be a bad investment.

I dunno if Ray (rjpracing) has had a chance to play with one of these setups yet or not. There is potential for more travel with new damping rods, and better springs plus a lil fine tuning they could be awesome forks for people who like using inappropriate stopping techniques, such as driving into the side of cars, buildings, etc. :p (Did I mention Beefy?)

·
Registered
135 Posts
The front brake squeaks from the rotor slightly rubbing. We've been running on a Xr with no problems for about 2 years now. Go for it !!!! That's a pretty good price our was $430.00.....from bars thru wheel...................

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
kurlon is right about everything. i ended up getting rid of mine because they were so crazy heavy. they must weigh 30 pounds with the front wheel. The weight of the forks kind of affects the handling of the machine especially in MX. if you are doing big open MX style riding... they are great for the price. If you are gonna do any kind of little SX/BMX kinda stuff... forget about it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.