PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got this SDG that has been a beast as far taking a beating, but I finally raked out the forks. It's not the frame, the forks bent below the tripples so its time to replace them. The width of the tubes are 35mm at the tripples so couldn't I just swap those out with some inverted zoke clones, grab a new 12" front and be on my way?

The only problem I see is the height of the steering stem. It's oversized so the trips are spread further apart vertically but I'm guessing that won't matter of the tubes are the same diameter the whole way down right?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd really like to go inverted and also shave some weight. Those 'stockers' are around 35lbs, but I'll definitely keep it in mind that i can snag those from you if I need them. I might end up trying to do that anyway, I can't justify throwing too much money at the SDG.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
I am sorry...they use 48mm upper and lower...I am writing another pm looking for an upper clamp and I sent u bad gouge....Killer Motorsports has a FASTACE set-up for $249 now ...minus fr wheel n brake set-up...I have also seen it on egay for about $225 shipped

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.