PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have this seat? im thinking about getting it but thought id ask here first. seems like a pretty good deal, about the same price as getting some tall seat foam and cover seperatly, plus its already put together. i like the shape to, it actually looks like a seat, not just like a huge piece of foam. so are these any good? quality? feel? thanks...

·
Registered
538 Posts
I tried out one of the SDG seats the other day, one word: BRICK. Its the hardest seat foam I have tried. I like One Ind. foam, it nice and soft.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Thormx said:
ok so the SDG seat is wood, what about the BBR comlpete tall seat? its the same price as the SDG, is it the same seat with a different badge, or?

completely different seat. only problem is they listened to people complaining of hard seats to "WELL" and their seat is so soft you cn feel the shock hit you in the ass when you bottom out.. literally....

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
heh well i think i would rather have a "too soft" seat than a "too hard" seat... its not like im sitting down when i jump anyway...

well thanks for the help every1, think im going with the BBR seat. :D

·
Registered
438 Posts
I used to think that as welltill i switched seats to a new bbr one and you fall into the bike real bad... if you come off a hard landing....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
yes there are differant foam density's out there some are too soft and some are so hard my hemrhoids are screaming .

I saw the SDG seat at Las Vegas it was a little on the hard side but foam normally softens up with time . it was a nice looking seat and the seat base was not too bad thou it is not as strong as a OEM seat base I wouldn't think this would matter .

The $89.00 price tag is fair for a complete drop on ready unit when you look at the average price for a tall seat foam and seat cover kit . then you have to have a electric staple gun to attach the set up . if you look at it in the long run it is a great deal.

PS. I will have seats in 3 weeks but they will be the low foam version. it will be a drop on unit in black for a introductry price of $59.00. I will also have gas tanks too for a introductry cost of $139.00 includes cap and petcock

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.