PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to this forum, looks like some good info here. I have a SDG 107 3V motor, thinking of improving it's output a bit. What would the max stock revs be, and, if I manage to make it rev more, what is the limiting factor, like, what will break first, and at what revs? Also, will the stock cam timing limit it's ability to rev more? I measured the intake lift at the valve and it's close to 0.300", seems like it should be able to breathe well as it is now. Thanks to all.

DaveA.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Cam's holding back the revs. A Crower cam, porting, HC piston, decent carb and pipe, and it'll zing. Might grab a sturdier cam chain while you're in there. I dunno which one it takes, but there's a Honda that shares the length;)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. So, nothing really actually blows up, piston is ok without being forged, rod doesen't break, etc., but the cam chain is a bit iffy, good to know. The stock exhaust seems to be good, about 1" OD, not too sharp of bends, and an unrestricted muffler. I was going to change the carb and inlet tract a lot to make it go on up in revs, will get the Crower cam as well then. Any specific model of cam is best?

DaveA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts