PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after thinkin 2 weeks ago i was junk, when i broke the front axle on my pit ripper, jumping too big on a full size MX track, i ended up spending a total of $40 to repair !!! a thought the forks were either bent or one was totally junked, but turns out 1 fork is rebound 1 fork is compression, had me messed up, neither fork is bent, neither is hurt, i get the axle last night, put it together and something is wrong again! my front wheel was loose, when i tighting it up tight it like LOCKS Up, and like gringing noise if i get it to spin at all, well thinking my bearings were junk or somthing,,, i realized that i was missing 1 of the bearings haha! and i got so lucky i called z&m cycle honda dealer near me, and they had a bearing kit for an xr/crf70, WHICH IS A 14 INCH FRONT, mine is a 12, i was ilke **** it aint gonna work. then he brough em out, i had my dial calipers, measured, and they were PERFECT, put it together this morning and WAM BAM THANK YOU MAM THE PIT RIPPER IS BACK ON THE TRACK AGAIN!!!! wooo...MY POINT IN THIS MESSAGE is!!!!! DO NOT ALWAYS ASSUME THE WORST, there may be simple issues that you over look, that are cheaper than buying a new $400 front end! thats for damn sure...so double and triple check before you spend your money, you may be in luck like me!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts