21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
o5crf said:
just bought one for my ct70 , what can i do to add some more hp

Is that you Ron?

Theres a couple things that will turn it into a beast that are cheap, easy and reliable:

TB race head:

Tb Race Head

160 bore kit:

160 Bore kit

Cam:

Cam link

You already have the 26mm carb.....what diameter exhaust do you have? I have some nice inexpensive header/silencer sets that work great with these builds

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
73 Posts
well this is his son john, that 150 we bought off you is a blast, i had to order a longer swing arm to keep the front end on the ground, but the 140 is gunna be mine an i cant let the old man one up me, i was thinking about ordering a trail buddies dual exhaust, whats your opinion, an i am leaning toward the 160 kit n an cam. this ct70 is gunna be a daily rider for me, so i want some power to get away from a car if need to.

thank you for your time.

john schlickenmeyer

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
o5crf said:
well this is his son john, that 150 we bought off you is a blast, i had to order a longer swing arm to keep the front end on the ground, but the 140 is gunna be mine an i cant let the old man one up me, i was thinking about ordering a trail buddies dual exhaust, whats your opinion, an i am leaning toward the 160 kit n an cam. this ct70 is gunna be a daily rider for me, so i want some power to get away from a car if need to.

thank you for your time.

john schlickenmeyer

John,

If you decide to piece it together, I would go in this order (just my personal preference from a performance/cost/reliability standpoint) -

*gearing

*cam - cheap and will work in your big valve head and rev out more

*TB race head - cam will swap over and this head will perform great

*6 disc clutch kit

*160 bore kit

can also do a decomp on the head to take some stress off the case and you foot.

We can do some port work and a few other tricks if your looking to squeeze out more power, but with those mods above, it will be fast and powerful.

you already have a great carb....im not familiar with the trail buddies exhaust though....as long as it flows better than a stock small diameter, you'll prob see better performance. In my opinion, exhaust is the biggest ripoff going...always my last mod (in terms of aftermarket high performance, expensive exhaust systems)

Say hi to your dad for me too!

Mike

·
Registered
73 Posts
ok well thats probably the route ill go, what gearing do u think i should run to keep decent bottom end an still have good top end, thats the bike the 140 is going into, it has a tb 108 in it now

Attachments

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Sorry for the late reply, just checking in and saw this today. What gearing do you have on the rear now?....and get you get the 140 installed and test ridden yet? See how it feels and we can go from there. I have 13 through 17 tooth front sprockets in stock so we have some room to go either way.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey guys. These motors are great, especially for the price, wow. I think I will buy some more for my guys. Last time I ordered one and it was more expensive, I am not passing these up. Thanks Mike for the awesome deal!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts