PlanetMinis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone on pm tell me the lobe size on the tb s-35 cam? is there a way to tell if the upgraded needle bearing cases were used? I bought a engine from a pm vender that was suposed to have these items but both case halves are well used. on the yx 160 that I installed the upgrade case on the two dont look the same. different shade of gray. I also need to know the difference from the s-20 cam and the s-35 cam. does anyone have the time to measure the cam with a caliper?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so the cams have to be degreed to tell if its s-20 or s-35. its looking like I will just run the motor and take the vendors word for the cam. if it has a needle bearing case it has alot of hours on it and I payed for a new one. oh well I wont send any more money to that vender:-(

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
No if you look at the 2 cams side by side the S35 is much fatter.. You can see it with your eye for sure its a big difference. There just both the same in height.. But the two beside eachother and the one with the WAY fatter cam is the S35

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got the motor in a bike and took it for a ride. it pops out of second gear. the vendor sent me a pm saying (it is a updated case) I sent a pm telling him about the tranny problem. now im waiting to see what he says I dont want to start slinging poo. I do want my $900 motor to work right.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
An easy way to tell the TB 35 version from the early version would be to check the opening on the cam gear side, if you can stick a 6mm thread bolt into the end of the center it is the 35, if the hole is too small to fit the bolt in there it is the early tB cam.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Matified said:
An easy way to tell the TB 35 version from the early version would be to check the opening on the cam gear side, if you can stick a 6mm thread bolt into the end of the center it is the 35, if the hole is too small to fit the bolt in there it is the early tB cam.

thanks mat I will have to tear the motor down soon to replace the tranny then I will check all of the other parts also:cool:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im going to pull the motor tomorow and do a complete tear down. I think I will buy both cases and a tranny.so I know I have good parts. Im thinking I will buy the parts from mat at pitster as I am scared to trust the builder who built the motor. I hope I get my hotrod motor shifting right soon:cry:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
"If the milk turns out to be sour then I'm not the kind of pussy thats going to drink it" good quote from a good movie and what I'm getting at is that if you were sold parts from a vendor that turn out to be ABSOLUTELY not what you were told they were then there are quite a few people on here that would like to know. I don't like to see poo get slung either but if this doesn't get straightened out/made right/some kind of reasonable explanation then please post more details. I hate to see people get ripped off by shady members much less a vendor. No one wants to pay for ghost parts, good luck man. I hope it gets straightened out and the poo doesn't have to get too thick.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Here we go...

It was me! Rather than continue to speculate, drag it out for any longer, and since the public trial has begun, let's see how things are stacking up:

I have offered to repair the engine in my PM's, if it even needs it...

Offer still stands.

PM sequence, from the beginning, Skip in blue, Terry in red:

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipbuysparts

I am not interested in slinging poo at you or anyone. I payed over $900 for this motor. I questoned what you used to build it. the tranny is not right. very notchy shifting and it pops out of second gear both of the 150s I sent shifted good and did not pop out of gear but this firepower built motor does. I really hope you are going to fix this problem.

skip

I've never had any intention of slinging any thing.

I didn't reply inappropriately, I don't feel, and am sorry if you saw it that way. The fact that you didn't ask me before posting a thread, after mentioning the build several times in the forum, frosted me a bit, but it passed quickly.

Any way, on to the real issue. A bit surprising to just now hear about this complaint, especially after the public inquiry didn't include it, and you've had a month with the new motor. New parts will shift notchier than the well-used versions you shipped. If it pops out of gear, and you've verified the clutch nut, and both ends of the shift drum have snug fasteners, then it needs split open to see why. I used new transmission parts, in the correct order, with in-tolerance end play, so I don't know why it would, but am happy to look in to it. Send it back, and I'll give it priority status. Should be a 1-2 day turn.

Terry

hi terry

I just checked the shift drum bolt and the clutch bolt they are both tight. it still pops in second but not in first or third. if you fix this problem without me having to trust you again I will post a new thread about how you sent the right parts and will make it sound good:) please send a working tranny and whatever parts are needed to fix this.

thank you skip

Separate PM:

I had to assemble the bike that the motor is in and did not have time to get every thing in order. I started the motor for the first time last night. I will not ship the motor. it does not pop in first or third only second. you sent me an email saying brand new updated case and tranny. this is my fifth all up tranny and the only only one with a problem. if you had of acted like you were concerned about my purchase I would have asked you the questons in the first place. I got mad after waiting for three months and seeing several people post about getting there motors. and you not sending mine. now I get a used motor with a new piston and a tranny that is broken

Skip,

Of course I'm concerned about the purchase, same as any, but I have no way of knowing what parts are needed, without seeing what, if any thing is "broken", per your other PM. You checked the drum bolt on the sprocket side, under the rubber plug?

It may be as simple as needing shimmed differently, though. Possibly riding it gently, running up & down through the gears, will let it break in and shift more surely and smoothly. I assemble them more snug than the factory, so they last.

If that doesn't have it working smoothly, I guess if you want to tear it down and see what's causing the issue, send me a pic, I can send the repair parts, on an exchange basis. Typically, any repairs are done by me, here. I can make an exception, due to the distance involved, but not without "seeing" the issue.

As for an additional "attaboy" thread, it will be of little consolation if you continue to toss the deal in the forum for the public and my detractors, before giving me a chance to even reply to your PM. 7 minutes after sending me a message, you're posting wanting a cheap trans. That's not really giving me a chance to do much, is it?

I have no problem taking care of any issues on an engine I built, despite there being no warranty implied, but it will be of my free will, not in response to blackmail threats...

Regards.

Terry

terry

blackmail would be saying do this or I will do that not saying if you do this I will atemp to reward your efort. the parts that I need are going to cost over $150. I never put your name in that thread and I did not intend to do so. I do not belive you will replace any parts. so I asked for help from pm members. more than 1 sent me pms asking what I needed and who built the motor. I did not mention your name to any of them. I just stated I dont want to start slinging poo. your blackmail accusel tells me that you wont send a new set of cases and tranny. I supose I will spend the money on the parts and fix it myself. thank you for the exelent service. I will remember this purchase for a long while.

skip

Skip,

You have NO IDEA what parts are needed, if any, at this point! Retail price on both trans clusters is $60, if the new ones I put in are defective. Forks are $15, if one of them is bad. A shim is .50. It would be ridiculous to start shipping parts, clueless as to what may be "wrong"... I would send parts, but not blindly.

The fact that others have noticed and PM'd, tell me that the damage is being done, before I've had a chance to even find out what the issue is, if any. I have a good reputation here, and with a few exceptions, have made my customers happy. There are those out there who are looking for any excuse to give me grief, and you are already feeding them cause. You've stated, several times in the past, that I was building your motor. It's no secret...

Options:

1- Send motor back, for complete go-through.

2- Photograph your dis-assembly diagnosis, and I'll

send any parts needed.

3- Handle it yourself.

Regards.

Terry

So, there you have it, folks, spread out like the Sunday wash, poo stains and all.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
see he's way better at slinging poo than I am. I paid for a new upgraded case and a used ignition side case. the ignition case has broken bolt holes and wear mark as does the upgraded case. I was not stating that they were discolered. terry chose to tell me send the motor back or attemp to take photos of what is messed up in the tranny. or deal with it myself. I had no intention of ever stating he built the motor. several people allready sent pm stating he has done similer things to other people. I will buy the parts I need to get the motor working good from mat at pitster. as I said I dont want sling the poo. I will post about how the repairs are going. I hope to have my parts by friday.

·
Banned
1 Posts
I'm sorry you chose to handle this simple matter in such dramatic fashion, and to refuse to allow me to correct what may be a mistake. I wish you and my behind the scenes detractors the best of luck.

FP

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
redirt78 said:
"If the milk turns out to be sour then I'm not the kind of pussy thats going to drink it" good quote from a good movie and what I'm getting at is that if you were sold parts from a vendor that turn out to be ABSOLUTELY not what you were told they were then there are quite a few people on here that would like to know. I don't like to see poo get slung either but if this doesn't get straightened out/made right/some kind of reasonable explanation then please post more details. I hate to see people get ripped off by shady members much less a vendor. No one wants to pay for ghost parts, good luck man. I hope it gets straightened out and the poo doesn't have to get too thick.

as you can see he allready said he did it.. he just left out some details. its all good the bad taste left in my mouth will go away after I build the motor myself.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
geezer said:
What is a updated tranny? Where do you buy one? Who said you NEED one?
the tranny that was sent is used and pops out of 2nd gear I need to replace the whole tranny not just one gear from the junk pile a new needle bearing case comes with updated tranny parts so far both cases and tranny parts will cost $170 the motor is on the bench and will be tore down in an hour or so hopefully I dont need forks and a drum

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Am i missing something? Didnt you say you already bought updated cases? So wouldnt that have the parts with it? Somehow Im missing something here?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Popping out of second could just mean the cases are just a touch wide and/or you need to shim the stacks differently. I have heard you can leave out the center gasket and yamabond it instead to take some slack out of the stacks. There was also a poster saying the drum could be modded to help the gears engagement....but around here useful info gets buried pretty fast.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.