PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running outa places to ride!(So Cal riders only)

Last Saturday I got another FN ticket for riding on private land. This is my second one in 3yrs since they started cracking down on riders in Riverside county. I've been riding this place for years with no worries, but now for whatever reasons they've been everywhere citing people. Riverside county has a special task force( made up of sherriffs on KTM 450's) busting up all the best riding places. Basicly what they told me is hat the only place I could ride in So. Cal. is at a local track or BLM land(like Occotillo wells) which is way far. It's gettin pretty bad around here, lots of people are complaining, personally I think it's all for revinue. I'ts a damn shame cuz southern California has one of the most sickest riding spots around.

Any other So Cal riders run into this B.S?

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
i got a ticket a few years ago.. but it took 6 cops and a helicopter to catch me...lol they said they would have gave me warning if they dident have to chase me. i would have got away if i knew the trails better.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Re: Running outa places to ride!(So Cal riders only)

Big Daddy P said:
Last Saturday I got another FN ticket for riding on private land. This is my second one in 3yrs since they started cracking down on riders in Riverside county. I've been riding this place for years with no worries, but now for whatever reasons they've been everywhere citing people. Riverside county has a special task force( made up of sherriffs on KTM 450's) busting up all the best riding places. Basicly what they told me is hat the only place I could ride in So. Cal. is at a local track or BLM land(like Occotillo wells) which is way far. It's gettin pretty bad around here, lots of people are complaining, personally I think it's all for revinue. I'ts a damn shame cuz southern California has one of the most sickest riding spots around.

Any other So Cal riders run into this B.S?
Haha yep me and two buddys got away from the heli about a month back. Its sad how things are now. And I mean STOCK 110s! How loud could they be? All I have to say is thank god for orange groves:rolleyes:(there is almost none of them left anymore either)

·
Registered
382 Posts
I've lived in Riverside county since 1986. I used to ride anywhere and everywhere, and wave to the cops. Gilman, Beaumont, Chicken Ranch, Redlands, Box Springs, Badlands, Snake Mountain, Sun City, Perris, Corona hills, everywhere. Now I just stick to the tracks or Wildomar OHV. I've been stopped, but not ticked yet, but I am paranoid. Its a losing battle and we only look bad by getting caught.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
metalcore_xxx said:
I've lived in Riverside county since 1986. I used to ride anywhere and everywhere, and wave to the cops. Gilman, Beaumont, Chicken Ranch, Redlands, Box Springs, Badlands, Snake Mountain, Sun City, Perris, Corona hills, everywhere. Now I just stick to the tracks or Wildomar OHV. I've been stopped, but not ticked yet, but I am paranoid. Its a losing battle and we only look bad by getting caught.

Yeah I went to high school in MoVal...I know pretty much all those places you mentioned, now those were the days! I still have a couple of my best kept secrets...hopefully it stays that way for a bit.

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
problem with you riding peoples private land, you hurt yourself on there land and sue them which is unlikely, but your insurance then suing those people is more common than you think...its all about liability

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
yea, insurance companies will go after the land owner even if you don't want that to happen. The nice folk that didn't mind us using the land are getting punished by the insurance companies that we support... it is a messed up situation.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.