PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Engine experts.. wannabe's and mxBilly..(heheh) Here's an intresting question...

There's just about every upgrade out there for these 50 engines and valve train but no roller rockers?

What gives? To expensive? No enough room?Stock design is good enough?? Noone thought of it yet? (in that case then I have a pat pend :D

I think roller rockers should be an option considering the advantages.

Chad

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
z88R said:
Shave some weight off your stock rockers and call it a day.

Come on, that's to easy.

This is the one part noone has thought to mess with and less friction is a good thing.. Ain't it? That would be the ultimate foo foo part for this bike..

:roll:

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
I'm in agreement with you, but by the time someone engineers the part and puts it to market, it's going to be expensive. I just don't see the need here. Plus, there isn't alot of room left in the cylinderhead. Ultimate foo foo parts for the bike would be fuel injection, and Mikuni has a good system under development

This goes along the same lines as cams. Kitaco doesn't use bearings on any of their heads in regards to the cams, whereas most other parts manufacturers have switched over to using bearings on the cams that hold up better over time and have less friction. I'm sure Kitaco did it for cost reasons when they had the parts tooled. More money in their pockets.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
z88R said:
Ultimate foo foo parts for the bike would be fuel injection, and Mikuni has a good system under development

This goes along the same lines as cams. Kitaco doesn't use bearings on any of their heads in regards to the cams .

I didn't know Kitaco didn't use bearings, that's intresting.. Who does then?

Expensive is right, roller rockers for my HD1200s are ~$500 a head... GOOOO stock parts!

Ohh.. closed loop fuel injection! Yeah! You'd have more processing power than Horsepower..

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
dear humorless thanks for putting my name in your post seeing as my backyard special engine can blow yours away it seems apporiate thanks again.

love, billy and bbs

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mxbillyu812 said:
dear humorless thanks for putting my name in your post seeing as my backyard special engine can blow yours away it seems apporiate thanks again.

love, billy and bbs

BILLY!!! You made it! Actually I'm quite full of humor just you wait and see... It's the other guy who's trying to secure the happiness..

Your back yard special engine? Hmm.. I won't ask.. But I hear you can ride and your famous here so i won't talk too much trash.. So.. Wadda ya think? Can roller rockers be made to fit in this engine?

Hugs and kisses,

Chad

·
Registered
859 Posts
mousedriver said:
[quote name='mxbillyu812']dear humorless thanks for putting my name in your post seeing as my backyard special engine can blow yours away it seems apporiate thanks again.

love, billy and bbs

BILLY!!! You made it! Actually I'm quite full of humor just you wait and see... It's the other guy who's trying to secure the happiness..

Your back yard special engine? Hmm.. I won't ask.. But I hear you can ride and your famous here so i won't talk too much trash.. So.. Wadda ya think? Can roller rockers be made to fit in this engine?

Hugs and kisses,

even funnier lol

Chad[/quote]

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
mousedriver said:
[quote name='3rdGearPinned']I think you just need to keep those comments to yourself.

Dear Humorless,

I didn't call you stupid and I was kidding.. Don't take everything so personal.

Love,

Chad[/quote]

I know you were kidding. I was pretty much kidding my self :D

Its all good 8)

So will you still be my friend :?: :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know you were kidding. I was pretty much kidding my self :D

Its all good 8)

So will you still be my friend :?: :roll: :lol:

Sure I'll still be your friend! But only if you can tell me how to change the engine oil in my CR85..? :p

Anyway, being the idealist that I am I bet if the head was machined and the rollers were made really small, roller rockers could be fitted. Strictly for bragging rights mre than anything else..

Your best friend,

Rick James xoxo 8O

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
mousedriver said:
Sure I'll still be your friend! But only if you can tell me how to change the engine oil in my CR85..? :p

I know this one, i know this one. You suck it out with a straw, duh. Or you can take a drill and go right through the bottom of the case, but make sure you drill a hole in the top so it vents. :wink:

:lol:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
3rdGearPinned said:
[quote name='mousedriver']

I know this one, i know this one. You suck it out with a straw, duh. Or you can take a drill and go right through the bottom of the case, but make sure you drill a hole in the top so it vents. :wink:

:lol:[/quote]

Okay.. So I'll find the biggest drill bit I have and run it through the bottom of the motor? Thanks for the advise.. :roll:

Okay, I tried it but now my bike won't start... heheheheh...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.