PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fork springs you can get from cannonracecraft or minibikesprings

rear shock : works, ohlins, 2006-2007 gsxr600 or 750 (lose the aribox). modified stock shock; fox podium

detune with a fender washer between the head and exhaust, if you make the hole smaller it detunes the HIT of the 65 to make it more easily ridable. Drops the HP from 14 to about 12 but makes it alot easier to lug around on trails.

staggs tall seat for a klx110 fits perfect as well as the tank and plastics are the same.

16 tooth front sprocket makes first gear almost normal.

To raise/lower the rear get new links from a OEM dealer they are listed at $13-$23 dollars each link (need 2) look at rm and kx microfiche as some years have the same link but a cheaper price. Longer link lowers the back and shorter link raises it.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Dunno about a woods pipe... but they definitely weight the fly wheels. I think they mellow out the power with plugging the pipe with a washer or something.

·
Registered
514 Posts
my cousin's kx65 is a fun bike. it has almost put me on my butt a few times. im 200lbs and it will loft the front end easier than my 450. the power is so mellow, then BAM! the front end is up. fun little bugger.

ive toyed with the idea of selling my pitbike and getting a kx to ride around.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For a woods pipe, just keep the stockpipe. Repack it and make sure it has a spark arrester screen. stealy has flywheel weights

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I was wondering a couple of things. One, is if the aluminum KX85 rear brake pedal will work on the 65, and if there is a longer shifter available for it, like off of a KX125? ---L*64

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Luckystar64 said:
I was wondering a couple of things. One, is if the aluminum KX85 rear brake pedal will work on the 65, and if there is a longer shifter available for it, like off of a KX125? ---L*64

Someone send me one, I will test it out and send it back if you want to test em out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts