PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard there was some sort of race coming up in the next few weeks. Can anyone tell me anything about this. I have not heard anything. I have a friend "flat tracker" from Manhattan, Kansas. He said a few of his friends that ride 50's look at this forum. He also said one of them told him about the race. If you are that person or someone else knows anything about this race then post it on here. May not be many 50 people in Kansas, but I'm sure they want to know. I know nothing about this race, but I am very interested in going.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's called the River Pro Nationals. They are in Great Bend, Kansas

About a dozen 50"s from Manhattan are headed down.

Get me the fax ## at your shop and I will send a copy of the flyer over :wink:

By the way the race is tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you go you had better bring your A game, the bikes will be fast and the some of the fastest riders in the center of the country will be there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We need to start posting this stuff sooner :lol: . There is no way I will be able to go now. O well. When is the next one? The fax number to my dad's shop is (785) 823-0161. write ATTN: JORDAN on it so they know to give it to me. Are you from Manhattan? Do you know Lacer? That's who told me about it (today :? ). If you are from Manhattan maybe we should ride sometime. I live right outside of Salina. I will be going to K-State next year. Don't worry, if I do get to go to one I will get smoked. I may have a good bike, but that means nothing. I have never been able to "race" someone else so I have no idea how fast I will be. What classes will there be...well...I guess that will be on the flyer. Thanks for the info :wink: .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah I know Lacer. I don't have a running 50 yet but it is in progress.

I'm the guy who finds all the part for riders in the Manhattan area. I was going to post the race on here but I didn't agree with the may they were setting it up so I let it go. I guess from now on I'll post the races I know about and let you guys decide. I run the parts deptartment at Brooks so stop in when you get to town.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
spinner said:
About a dozen 50"s from Manhattan are headed down.

8O I didn't even know there were a dozen 50's in Manhattan. We definitely need to ride sometime. Our big bike mx track is fun on 50s if you have a big bore kit. I am looking to build a nice mx 50 track. So far we have a big flat track, big TT, 50 flat track, indoor size flat track, mid size rough flat track, small 50 track, big bike hare scrambles, and big bike mx track. We have a total of 8 tracks so far and a lot of unused land. What is the track supposed to be like for the River Pro Nationals?

EDIT: When you get a fifty that runs pm me. I need some more people to ride with in different areas. My buddy who is gonna room with me at K-State has one now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Their is a pretty active 50 bunch in the Manhattan,Topeka area, acouple of super pro frames,lots of 88's, some nice Z's and soon their will be some SDG's. Thunder Hill raceway is going to build a 50 only track soon. Last year at the summer areacross's we had 20+ 50's in the King of the Z's races.

Ask Lacer about his TTR

I'm an old guy,I'm building the 50 for me and my youngest son to play on. He likes to go fast but I'm into Trials I have a GasGas Pro 280.

lacer was telling us about all your tracks, sounds like riders heaven.

You should have some 50 races at your property somtime.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been trying to talk my dad into letting me have a race. I heard my brother on the phone with Lacer and he said something about his TTR being messed up. What happened to it? He said he wasn't taking it to the indoor flat track tomorrow because something happened. I decided not to go to the race because my quad is apart. Every time I go to watch it makes me sad because I can't race :cry: . My fifty doesn't have enough horsepower to keep up with the bored XR100s, TTR 125s, or CRF150s. I can kinda keep up with my brother when he is on his bored XR100 but the strait aways kill me.

EDIT: We had 9 of us local 50 riders at my house last year for a day to play around. That was when they were all bone stock (even bars). That was very fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.