PlanetMinis Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I think you built the stock motor to 88cc, and are running the stock carb and jets...if I remember right..?
Your carb was designed for 72cc and REAL gasoline. Im not a great tuner, but I would definitely think you need to go to a bigger main jet at the least. Maybe 1 bigger on the pilot jet too. I'd buy a pilot jet, and maybe the next 2 larger main jets. Jets are fairly cheap, but shipping can add 6-8 bucks. I tend to order extra jets when I'm buying...I might order 3 larger and one smaller, for...justincase. But I'd bet you just need to go up one on the main.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Soaked the carb in chem dip for an hour and have the jets out to take to the local Honda and mx shops to see if they have any jets.
IMG_20200211_194834156.jpg

·
Registered
54 Posts
JetsRus is who I use for jets. May be a good option for you if your shop doesn’t have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Local Honda place had jets. I got a 62 and 60 for 12$.. put the 62 in and significant better! Tried it down 1 clip and it wasn't as good so will try one up next. Then try it all over again with the 60 jet. Or maybe it's perfect and I'm expecting too much?

And need to figure out what the chain is rubbing against. I tightened it but it is making way too much noise.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
2nd clip from top with 62main and she runs awesome now. Still need to try with the 60m. Next issue is front tire rubs the inside of the the dang fender.. so need to figure that out next.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good job getting it tuned and finding the rub. Hopefully it’s an easy fix for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 26 of 26 Posts