PlanetMinis Forums banner

Rider training I.E- MSF -Have you gone?

• NEVA! I'm a self taught rider, training is for wussies..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MSF rider training.

• Only Track daze 4 me

• I teach too..

• Whut was the question again?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I teach basic motorcycle riding and I'm curious to see who's gone to school, who teaches if anyone and why you have or have not gone.

Also if you teach, why?

I teach because it's one of the few things I can do to get almost instant gratification. I get paid to ride someone elses motorcycle's and I'm giving back to the sport in a big way.

I've also become a much much better ride since I first started teaching.

Okay another bonus is I get to meet alot of ladies!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I used to "assist" one of my friends teach a MX school, when he would describe something to the class I would demonstrate ....

I enjoy teaching beginners the basics, my son started riding solo at 4, and my 3 year old daughter is learning the basics now. I have a unique approach to the basics, I mounted a set of pegs on my sons Z50 so I would have somewhere to put my feet, then I can let them use the normal foot controls. I also let them use the throttle and I let them do whatever they want and I'm actually right there on the bike if they get into trouble.

I've helped out a couple of neighborhood kids as well. I really enjoy it. I've often thought about having my own riding school......

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Motoboy said:
I used to "assist" one of my friends teach a MX school, when he would describe something to the class I would demonstrate ....

I've helped out a couple of neighborhood kids as well. I really enjoy it. I've often thought about having my own riding school......

I've thought of starting my own school too .. I also have some other ideas for advanced street riding skills.. It's kinda cruel to teach someone how to ride in a parking lot and not give then ANY pointers for day to day traffic skills where most people get clobbered anyway.. This last idea is actually from feed back I've gotten from my past students..

·
Registered
787 Posts
That's cool! I can relate to the peg issue. My kid's always steal the foot pegs when I take my foot off of them for a corner. lol I think your idea is a good one with the additional pegs. I just let them go by themselves when they are ready.

·
Registered
238 Posts
50man said:
That's cool! I can relate to the peg issue. My kid's always steal the foot pegs when I take my foot off of them for a corner. lol I think your idea is a good one with the additional pegs. I just let them go by themselves when they are ready.

When my son went for his first "solo" run, we were riding through the backyard real slow and I just stepped off the bike without him even knowing.....until he turned around and saw me standing there :lol: !

One of the proudest days of my life...... :D :D :D :D :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.