PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ridden a few buddies bikes with rev boxes, and I can't really tell if they make a difference (all stock motors). Each bike has sleightly different mods, so it's tough to isolate. If I'm trying to squeeze more power out of my STOCK motor (on a limited budget of course), is a rev box a worthy investment?

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
A rev box on a stock motor is Useless it cant rev high enough to make a difference. But like Five-o-adict mentioned if your going to trix your ride out and you got some extra money then get it but you wont see any difference at all in the stock form.

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
MAYBE ANOTHER 200 RPMS.........MAYBE????? AND THATS ALL IT WONT EVEN GET A 1000 RPMS MORE..... NOT EVEN CLOSE !

IVE CHECKED IT WITH A TACHOMETER AND 200 RPM'S I'M AFRAID IS IT. SO ANYBODY THAT TELLS YOU IT DOES MORE IS FULL OF CRAP!

AND THATS ALL I GOT TO SAY ABOUT IT!

LATER...............OLDSCHOOL

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
mxracer728 said:
Kitaco is prolly the best one out, but I don't know bout the new TB box, it looks exactly like the Kitaco but red

I have a Kitaco on one bike, a TB on another, and a CF posh on my other bike.

Can't tell any difference from the three, so I'd go with the TB unit and save yourself $30.

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
If your just going to mess around then i would save a little money and get the "LESS EXSPENCIVE ONE" of the rev boxes. there is a slight difference in three types of the rev boxes:

Type 1: BBR, Five-o, TB...ect ect. all have the same Ign. curve built into them and are fine as long as you dont get them wet!!! " had bad luck with this type"

Type 2: TAKEGAWA has a pre programed Ign. curve that is more for the"Midrange to top end" Rider who wants the power to hit slightly later in the power band and pull longer through the top end. " has worked really well for Me on a couple of My bikes with HD Automatic clutches, and Manual clutches.

Type 3: KITACO has a pre programed Ign. curve that is more for the " low to Mid range" Rider who wants a good hit down low earlyer right of the low end and keeps pulling hard through out the mid range but falls a little bit short on the top end. has worked really well for me on both Types of clutches.

Type 4: INNER ROTOR IGN. is a "FULLY PROGRAMABLE" Ign. setup with a rev limit of approx.14,000 + rpm's you can fully adj. your bikes preformance from "MILED to WILD" I use this setup in My race bikes and would recommend this setup for RACE applications its Exspencive but TOTALLY worth every penny.

One thing to remember is that ALL these systems DO NOT give you more POWER. The REV BOX and INNER ROTOR only SHAPE your POWERBAND. you can say it gives your bike a Certain " ATTITUDE"..!

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
OLDSCHOOL said:
If your just going to mess around then i would save a little money and get the "LESS EXSPENCIVE ONE" of the rev boxes. there is a slight difference in three types of the rev boxes:

Type 1: BBR, Five-o, TB...ect ect. all have the same Ign. curve built into them and are fine as long as you dont get them wet!!! " had bad luck with this type"

Type 2: TAKEGAWA has a pre programed Ign. curve that is more for the"Midrange to top end" Rider who wants the power to hit slightly later in the power band and pull longer through the top end. " has worked really well for Me on a couple of My bikes with HD Automatic clutches, and Manual clutches.

Type 3: KITACO has a pre programed Ign. curve that is more for the " low to Mid range" Rider who wants a good hit down low earlyer right of the low end and keeps pulling hard through out the mid range but falls a little bit short on the top end. has worked really well for me on both Types of clutches.

Type 4: INNER ROTOR IGN. is a "FULLY PROGRAMABLE" Ign. setup with a rev limit of approx.14,000 + rpm's you can fully adj. your bikes preformance from "MILED to WILD" I use this setup in My race bikes and would recommend this setup for RACE applications its Exspencive but TOTALLY worth every penny.

One thing to remember is that ALL these systems DO NOT give you more POWER. The REV BOX and INNER ROTOR only SHAPE your POWERBAND. you can say it gives your bike a Certain " ATTITUDE"..!

Not true for the TB anyways. I noticed nice differnces in my bike from low mid to it wouldnt rev any more. And no worries about it getting wet either, its gets soaked when I wash my bike and not a single problem.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Oldschool,

The Kitaco Rev Box has been around for years, and is and was designed for road bikes that needed more power higher in the powerband. In fact, before the Kitaco 88SE series parts, all of Kitaco's engine parts were designed for road use, for the JDM Honda Monkey.

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Im sure that is so..........BUT the TAKEGAWA pulls longer up on the top end and its noticable...... And the BBR's, the TB's and the FIVE-O's are good all around but I recomend the other three choices for a RACE application. And I had two of those crap out on me from getting WET..! I wont say which two companys but its a fact........

This is just my Opinion and my Experiances with the parts........... :idea:

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Oldschool, Have you run the TB Rev box yet? It's a different design then the BBR and Five O boxes.

I've run the Kitaco, CF Posh, and TB boxes, on a 108cc Kitaco Ultrahead motor, and they all perform exactly the same. EXACTLY the same. In fact, I have the CF Posh unit sitting right here in front of me and most likely will sell it since there is no major difference.

Any takers? The first $50 gets it, and you'd be the only person here in the states running one...

www.cf-posh.com JDM baby..

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Not the TB that looks like the Kitaco the One they have or had that looks like all the other Black Rev boxes......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.