PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a klx110, and the jag bag that had it before me painted the plastics. How could i go about removing the spray paint without scratching up the plastics or dulling them?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Not sure it's possible w/o dulling them. I'd just use sand paper then a REAL fine sandpaper then Meguirs polish for plastics will bring the shine back to em!

·
Registered
195 Posts
ok i once got a set of spray painted pblasck plastics for free and what i had did is i used finger nail polish remover of whatever it is called it worked really good for me just take some put it on a rag and rub it around

·
Registered
43 Posts
use nitro thinner or how do you say.

But i don't know ,maybe plastics will be matt color,if they will be matt ,try to polished them

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the ideas guys! I think i will attack them tomorrow and see how it goes!

·
Registered
111 Posts
i used paint remover made for removing paint from fiberglass cant remember the name of it i got it at a local auto parts store it did not harm my plastics at all. and the paint comes off like butter hope this helps

Louk

·
Registered
198 Posts
He might have used a scotch brite pad or something before he painted though so it could very well still turn out dull.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts