PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
i am a welder, curious how oyu figgure i could fix it. there is nothing you cna weld to it to make it straight again?

just looking to see how it can be fixed?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JayN said:
i am a welder, curious how oyu figgure i could fix it. there is nothing you cna weld to it to make it straight again?

just looking to see how it can be fixed?
it is a small bend usaullay weld shops have pipe benders that could bend it back then weld some new gussets on it or you could cut out the small pice that is bent and weld a new pice in..

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
jeff mcclure said:
it is a small bend usaullay weld shops have pipe benders that could bend it back then weld some new gussets on it or you could cut out the small pice that is bent and weld a new pice in..

Not trying to kill your sale or anything, but after metal has been fatigued especially after being bent back close to what it was, it will never be as strong as it was.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hpiguy said:
Not trying to kill your sale or anything, but after metal has been fatigued especially after being bent back close to what it was, it will never be as strong as it was.
that is why you weld extra gussets on it...

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
170lbs ..lol this frame bent at starwest i hit every jump on the main track and when i got home i realized it was tweaked a bit new price ..$100

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i had a shop straten it. it looks pretty damm good now i painted black i will post some pics in a little bit..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.