PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was told by someone ispoke with on the phone that if i send my g1 forks in i will be able to get the g2's half off because they dont make them anymore is this true??????

·
Registered
67 Posts
Let me know what you find out. I have a set of G1's that are in need of a rebuild. I would like to get them rebuilt, but if I can get new G2's I would do that.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I bought his forks and the best thing about them was they werent blown...they were perfect and just needed the bolt on the spring side put back on it fell out and was in the leg...took apart had it inspected and reassembled...

·
Registered
816 Posts
I bought his forks and the best thing about them was they werent blown...they were perfect and just needed the bolt on the spring side put back on it fell out and was in the leg...took apart had it inspected and reassembled...
damn it i was suppose to buy em but i guess these are the ones u got for sale for 300 somethjing on ebay huh.He never replied after i told him i would buy them before anyone ever even messaged him.Oh well guess i cant buy everything

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
damn it i was suppose to buy em but i guess these are the ones u got for sale for 300 somethjing on ebay huh.He never replied after i told him i would buy them before anyone ever even messaged him.Oh well guess i cant buy everything
You didn't miss out a whole lot. I bought a set of those $300 ones off ebay and that was a big mistake. The RB forks are crap. Always had problems with them.

·
Registered
816 Posts
You didn't miss out a whole lot. I bought a set of those $300 ones off ebay and that was a big mistake. The RB forks are crap. Always had problems with them.
ya i figured the 35 bucks he wanted for em i couldnt go wrong and trt013 has these exact forks that im guessing are the ones he bought for 35 off of gagekramer on ebay for like buy it now for 375 or something he will definatley make a huge profit if someone buys em for that.But he is including some other stuff too but i think if i gonna spend the money i gonna buy marzocchi's or something u can get parts for ya know.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Ya he charged more than $35...his parts were beat to shit. And he was so high he forgot to bring half the shit I wanted. I had them pulled apart and had the nitrogen cartridge checked and whatnot before the spring side was checked. Had to purchase clamps and risers from him too.he sold Me a 10" hd rear wheel that he cracked and then sold me front hd wheel filled with metal pieces and had to slime the tube cause so many leaks. It was a joke.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Like how when you would spin the wheel, it would suddenly lock up? lol
Sounds like a bent rotor to me!! lol

Ya he charged more than $35...his parts were beat to shit. And he was so high he forgot to bring half the shit I wanted. I had them pulled apart and had the nitrogen cartridge checked and whatnot before the spring side was checked. Had to purchase clamps and risers from him too.he sold Me a 10" hd rear wheel that he cracked and then sold me front hd wheel filled with metal pieces and had to slime the tube cause so many leaks. It was a joke.

I wouldn't let any of your eBay bidders see this post aaron!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Sounds like a bent rotor to me!! lol

I wouldn't let any of your eBay bidders see this post aaron!
it will be fine i mean there worth it but i wouldnt pay it cause i know the situation.Ya i messaged him before anyone and i told him send some pics to my email and whats all included in the pics and i told him i already would buy em so ya he had to be high lol.Im trying to find some marzocchis if anyone has any,dont know if i want to buy new but then again people are getting so shady i dont want to buy a pile of shit either at the price marzocchis cost ya know.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Ya well he lived like 2hrs from me so we met and then he told me what was and wasnt included and then told me what i had to pay extra to get and then didnt tell me that the bars, risers, wheel werent included. I had to pay for those. And then i picked up the forks and the stupid lower fell out. I paid for a 12" front wheel that has a tire filled with metal i mean grrrrr...oh and he sold me plastics and forgot the fender and number plate and fork guards. Said hed mail them next day and hasnt responded to my txts since. He also was gonna sell me the ishock and then brought it and said he didnt have tools to take off swinger and so either buy swinger and shock or neither. Anyways Ill sell the forks, clamps, hub, axle on PM if someone wants to buy them just not on ebay since their fees are so high for cheap just PM me. I was gonna put on my stocker but +1 on it are just fine for it.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
It did it before I even had the brakes on it lol. Too tight and the forks would bind the wheels, too loose and there was slop. There was no middle ground on it.

What do you mean by too loose and too tight? What was loose/tight?

Did you try loosening all pinch bolts applying a little pressure to the spring side and tightening everything back up?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I bought his red baron swinger along w/ iShock and hd pegs. Fast shipping and he even threw in a free red baron chain guide and free red baron hd peg mount.

My experience was good..

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
What do you mean by too loose and too tight? What was loose/tight?

Did you try loosening all pinch bolts applying a little pressure to the spring side and tightening everything back up?
The axle nut. Too tight and the wheel would bind, too loose and it had a bunch of play in it. I tried loosening up the pinch bolts and putting pressure on the spring side but it still didn't work.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
The axle nut. Too tight and the wheel would bind, too loose and it had a bunch of play in it. I tried loosening up the pinch bolts and putting pressure on the spring side but it still didn't work.
I think you were definitely having further issues then. The axle pinch bolt shouldn't have anything to do with how the wheel spins on the axle. Unless you were running a stock front wheel, then your hub bearings were mose likely shot

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I was running the stock front wheel with RB disc brake adapter. I don't think it was the hub bearings because the wheel rolled really nice when I had it on my stock forks.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I was running the stock front wheel with RB disc brake adapter. I don't think it was the hub bearings because the wheel rolled really nice when I had it on my stock forks.

I gotcha!

I was just saying, I'm not saying just to defend RB, but when you tighten the axle nut your spacer is pinched up against the inner bearing race-making that tighter. Something had to be put together wrong, bearings shot, or something

1 - 19 of 19 Posts