PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to rebuild my stock 2002 110 motor. I found what I think is all the parts at bikebandit.com they are close to the same price as what my dealer wants.

I figure to do a topend rebuild (besides cylinder) it would need piston, rings and basegasket. Do I need to replace the pin that goes through the piston? or the c clips that hold that pin in?

How can I tell if I need a new timing chain or cam gear?

How can I tell if the valves are bad?

What else should I replace or look for when doing this rebuild. The bike won't be ridden much but I want something that when I sell it I know it will last for the next person.

Also not sure if anyone knows the exact bolts I am talking about but the bolts that go on top of the clutch basket and screw into something (not sure what (I am new to this). Where can I get those cheap? bike bandit wants 3 dollars a piece for them and they are tiny bolts and I need 3 of them. Just wondering if thats what I should expect to pay or if that is a rip off.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
buy a topend gasket kit, have the cylinder honed, you don't need a new piston rings would do fine but it overall would probably be a better route. look at the valve seats and see if they are bad, if they are than buy new ones. the topend kit will come with valve seals and o rings for everything. replace it all. its really easy to do a top end, basically take all the connections (wiring, fuel, exhaust) off, then disassemble the motor top to bottom, install the new parts and go backward. this might help you

http://www.redbaronracing.net/pdf/kamikaze134prokit.pdf

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am leaving the motor completely stock. The motor is getting new rings and a piston I want to make sure it is all set. Where can I get the cylinder honed? The motor was never siezed it just doesn't have compression does the cylinder need to be honed? How can I tell if the seals or orings are bad? Who sells a full topend rebuild kit? I have been piecing it together off of bikebandit.com. I want a stock 110 topend rebuild kit this motor is gonna be bone stock.

·
Registered
420 Posts
i have a 2002 motor and had just rebuilt it.. personally i wouldnt go stock bore.. i would go a 134 kamikaze and put in a different crank and basket and possibly primary drive gear. and a lightened flywheel or inner rotar kit

With a motor like myn i have a stock carb that needs to be jetted, but as of right now its fun to ride and has plenty of power for trails.. along with a stock exhaust.. 134 would last just as long as a stock bore as long as the motor is broken in right..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.