PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
i think i read to remove the caliper and hold it above the master cylinder. just try to find something to put in between the brake pads so you dont pump them closed.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ok,, here is a trick that works well for me.

Pull the two bolts that hold the caliper on as well as the plastic retainers that hold the line to the swingarm.

Lift the caliper as high as you can to get the line in a straight line upward as possible.

Then get you something that is as thick as the rotor and put it between the pads.

Then with some help, pump the pedal up and hold it, then quickly open and shut the bleeder, repeat this a few times, then reassemble the brake and all should be good.

what it seems to happen is that air gets trapped in the upward loop that is just not going to get pushed out without pulling the caliper off.

thats from matfield at pitster

·
Registered
628 Posts
The rear brakes trap air the banjo fitting on the master fitting you need to pump it up and loosen up that banjo fitting and bleed the air and get the fluid past it

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
they are a pain in the arse. I've had good luck using one of those power bleeders with the cup and pump. Fresh brake fluid helps too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts