PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody every added a rear hand brake to a rear disc. I want it set up like street bikes where I have both the hand brake and foot as well. I know they sell the conversion kit for big bikes but does anyone make anything for the small bike brakes? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i've never seen a handbrake setup like that for a mini.. That would be sick though. Post up what you find if not from here!

·
Registered
32 Posts

the bike with the purple lights used the same kit you buy for a 2007 R6 and modified it to work said it was not that hard just some fittings and ground down the lever to make it smaller. I just got off the phone with him hes going to take some pic and send them to me.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ksr110 said:
YouTube - KSR Bike Stunt oneOone(101) rider!!!

the bike with the purple lights used the same kit you buy for a 2007 R6 and modified it to work said it was not that hard just some fittings and ground down the lever to make it smaller. I just got off the phone with him hes going to take some pic and send them to me.

Wow that sure helps alot. Send me the pics when he sends them to you. I have my buddy looking into a dual caliper bracket. He made his own for his F4i, (just the bracket) but I will keep you guys informed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just bought a chineese atv master cylinder off ebay, and used a front brake hose for a disc pit bike on my bike, works great. You can also use a snowmobile master as its a left side too

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Count Herbula said:
I just bought a chineese atv master cylinder off ebay, and used a front brake hose for a disc pit bike on my bike, works great. You can also use a snowmobile master as its a left side too

Can you take a picture of your set up and post it just so I can see how you did yours?

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I looked into it. Just grab a hydraulic clutch master or something and have siktendincies make you a brake line and then what I was going todo was check the FI hb adapter they make for big bikes and plugs to the rear footbrake master. Or run it strait to the rear caliper well a 2nd rear caliper.

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
You can get that master alone without a caliper, I got my line from summit racing, but a front brake line from a yz426, or any big dirt will reach.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts