PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well hers the deal, I own a crf50 with a stock motor and I like to wheelie around the pits at the wera events when I have some down time. I can carry the wheel for a fair bit of time but I always run out of revs. I have been told that you can use the rear break to slow the bike down but every time I use the break I drop the front end. I’m sure that im trying this technique wrong and was wondering if anyone could explain how the use of the rear break works?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You're power wheelying. You need to get the front end higher up to what's known as balance point or BP for short. BP is where the bike is just about to go over backwards but not quite. It's the point where you can coast a little ways without the front end dropping. Once you get BP on lock you can work the throttle and brake and go for days on the back tire.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
yep... rbing it back past balance point ( to where it feels like you'll flip) then apply the brake enough to get you back under BP where you need to gas it a little... practice doing that up and down and after a while you'll ahve them smooth enough that you can speed up or slow down without any choppy throttle hand or anything

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.