PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put a +2 swinger on and broke my stock brake pedal. I got a home made extended brake pedal for someone and the extension piece for the brake rod and put it all together today and the rear brake does not feel right and is definitely disengaging like it should. My question is which spring is more important... The one near the hub that I have on the new extension that seems way to wound up or the one on the pedal that definitely seems tired and maybe isnt enough for this new heavy pedal? I notice some of you guys dont even have a spring near the hub when you extend the brake rod. Is it really not needed? Any help would be great its almost kind of scary having to reset the rear brake right before I need it lol

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone? im looking through all these pics of 50s and everyones is different its just confusing me now lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
IMO the one that goes from the pedal to the frame is more important, it pulls the break pedal back up after you press it down and disengages the break. the one at the rear of the bike on the bresk rod just helps the break shoe disengage.

i got both on my bike and would prefer not run it any other way.

if the one on the rod isto wound up cut a few raps off

and if the one on the pedal is tired and stretched out, time for a new one

honda shop can order it,if your a savy fellow a hardware store or maybe home depot/lowes might have it cheaper

anyhow,good luck

fiddy

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
the one to the frame keeps the pedal up

the one on the arm/hub makes the threaded rod pull back through the lever connected to the hub.

if your pedal is still coming back up like it should but the brakes are still engaged I think the threaded rod is getting stuck in the lever piece in the back, either because your spring is bound up from being too tight, or it's slightly misaligned so that the threads are sticking into the piece on the lever that it goes through

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the spring in the back is definitely bound up to tight right now. I cut some of it already but I have just been going slow and taking my time to not cut to much off and I think the one on the frame is just tired and stretched out and needs to be replaced. I just got this modded stock pedal and its really heavy so I might need to replace that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts