PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a ? for anyone who can help me out. my 2008 klx110 stocker has a busted rear brake. like most of you know the stock brake pedel bends back pretty easy. when it happened the first 2 times i was able to take it off and bend it back in a vice and keep goin. but the third time it bent it wraped around to the swingarm and wound up bending the post it mounts to. the post bent back so the rear brake was done. my brother did it last so he tried to fix it for me without me there. when he did i think he tried to heat the frame and the post and the post where the rear brake mounts snaped off. i think it may be possible to heat the frame to straighten out and weld the post back on, but i dont know. has anyone else had this problem and what did you do? or would it be better to just buy a new stock frame? i know my options but just not sure wat to do or how to do it? thanx

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea its the post the the brake pedal mounts and pivots on. the only thing is that it was not only bent back before it broke off but that part of the frame was bent slightly too and im not sure how to go about straightening that back out. if i was to just weld it on now it would be bent still

·
Registered
509 Posts
its hard to say without seeing it but possibly weld it on then heat the area its welded to and straighten it. mine was bent pretty bad i heated it up and straightened it with a pipe. there is factory slop in it anyways so it doesnt have to be perfect

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok ill try that then! thanx! nd did u use just a regular propane torch to heat it up cuz i think whatever my bro used was either too hot for the materials or he heated it for too long maybe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.