PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have an 03 XR50. Carb was junk from sitting for a few years with gas in it. Any way swapped out for a new carb. Turn the fuel on... fills so much that it runs like a river out of the air intake. Pulled it all apart, put it back together same thing. Said screw it I’ll order another carb. Order another one installed it, it will only start if it’s choked and when It runs its revved out to the absolute max. Throttle has snap back Return. No super snappy but enough to return the throttle. I’ve pulled it apart god knows how many times now and I’m ready to burn it to the ground!

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Sounds like maybe float was getting stuck? A spell/grammar check would have helped this post out a lot ha

I'm assuming you are replacing the oem carb with chinese knock offs. You may be better off buying a carb rebuild kit and rebuilding the OEM one. I've heard it's a little difficult tuning those chinese stock carbs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like maybe float was getting stuck? A spell/grammar check would have helped this post out a lot ha

I'm assuming you are replacing the oem carb with chinese knock offs. You may be better off buying a carb rebuild kit and rebuilding the OEM one. I've heard it's a little difficult tuning those chinese stock carbs.
Lol sorry that’s what a smashed phone screen gets me!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Which carbs are you using? I have good success with the Amazon carb that has a “W” on it but if you want quality, a new OEM is only $90.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up boiling the stock carb in vinegar. Everything appears to be open and clear, I’m going to reinstall it tommorow and see how it goes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts