PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
G

·
Hello - My Name is Joe. Vince and Jeannie have brought me on as the Sales and Mktg Mgr. I have also taken on the Team Mgr position and helping with the bike and parts projects. Just to give you a heads up, we are having to go back and try to gain backsome ground. Our investor (who owns Icon) had burned us really bad, and is illegally marketing our designed RC50X and RC90X bikes as Icons :x . It is hard to get out of a promised release date, but we are trying to get back on the game plan. We are currently about to release some frames and swing arms that are pretty sick, and we have a lot of other products that will be coming in the near future. [/i]

· Registered
12,757 Posts
basically he is saying ......they aint gonna release them......icon stole the design and is probably tellin RC to go suck it.

but what do i know......sounds like they r just gonna do tehir own frames and stuff like that instead of the whole bike........they realized how much of a headache they will be bringin in.........

later

· Registered
1,727 Posts
Well Im glad someone stepped up from RC and got on here, finally. This is pretty shitty about Icon doing what they did to RC. 8O

· Registered
1,727 Posts
z88R said:
Joemamas story smells extremely fishy to me, so don't be jumping on the RC bandwagon quite yet...

Im not dumping on any bandwagon.

I ride solo.

· Registered
10,051 Posts
metalmulisharc15 said:
[quote name='z88R']Joemamas story smells extremely fishy to me, so don't be jumping on the RC bandwagon quite yet...
which part?[/quote]

Law 101. If ICON was illegally selling or going to sell the RC50X bikes, RC should have a lawsuit filed, or will be filing a lawsuit. Any lawyer in the land will tell you that if you have litigation or pending litigation not to speak about the case in any way, shape or form, especially the written word. If there is no lawsuit, or no pending lawsuit, then RC doesn't have a legal leg to stand on, and there is more behind the story then what is being told.

Plus, what kind of respectable person who manags a business create a screen name "Jomama"? Lastly, if this were the case where RC is getting screwed, you'd hear from the man, not somebody with a first post.

Lastly, RC has been known to be full of it in the past. His latest and greatest, R&D'd in house RC86 was on the lifan shelf for 3 years before he started reselling the motor claiming he came up with the design.

Like I said, it smells fishy to me, but what do I know?

G

·
Our attourney has been working with theirs for the last couple months now. We are trying to get things resolved without getting too messy in the litigation realm. We are trying to keep things moving, and it is tough, but we are doing it.

I understand that there has been a lot of things said and promised in the past, and I wish I could make everything perfect, but that is impossible. Our goal is to run a transparent company of integrity. We have a lot of ground to cover, but we will do our best to be the best.

As for my sceen name, I apologize if you are offended. I joined Planet Mini's to enjoy talking to others about the sport, and maybe clear some air while I was here. I did not know that the moto scene was not down to earth. My name is Joe Manly, and my friends have always called me Jomama. Either way, I would not expect anyone to just respect me for a name, I would rather earn respect...it lasts longer.

· Registered
12,757 Posts
yea seriously cant believe you would judge the guy from his name......i HATE people who judge others without even knowing half of them.....im sure just about all of us on here have a reason for our names..... if you dont like someones name.....dont come on here.

just ask toesman11 what his name means.......LMAO!!!

this is all in good fun and people need to take it easy and not jump down someone throat before they get a chance to tell their side of the story.

i am here to share information that i know with others and acquire the information from the others that i already dont know.....theres always something new to learn.....

use the board for the reason it is here. not to trash talk and tell people that they smell something funny.......its obvious to see that RC is NOT coming out with the bike so everyone just needs to drop the whole RC50 this and RC90 this......just go buy a real bike.....get a HONDA.

im sure i went a little off track here but o well.......take in the info or dont. just givin my .02

· Registered
607 Posts
Thats what happens when u have bikes built in China. They sale them out the back door. I mean $#!+, theres what, 5 or 6 different bikes that r IDENTICAL to Xtremes. They sale the bikes to anyone that will buy a couple and stick their stickers on them. Just my .02

· Registered
10,051 Posts
It's not a copy of the RC bike, it is the RC bike. Did you not read the post ICON was a partner and the deal went ugly?

However, overseas, give it 2-3 months after release, and the RC/Icon bike will be sold by the UK and other dealers for $200-$300 less...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.