PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to get the TB 88cc big bore kit im pretty sure im going to get the race head i just wanted some oppinions ill be racing around with my freinds and i wanted to make sure it runs good with a manuel clutch and rev booster or if its better with or without the race head??and wich is more reliable?

·
Registered
0 Posts
3rdGearPinned said:
The only problem is...........How do you guys think that 88 with race head will run?

Kickstand and I are working on a track and we need to keep the bikes quiet becuase it is in a neighborhood.

Well, it's definatly going to be louder since you are going up in bore and sucking more air through it. You could keep your stock pipe, but you are negating the output of the motor then.

How does it run?

With a little work, like a raped ape.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Lets put it this way, with the right rider, you can pull holeshots against 108's and beat em. Just ask MulishaSympathizer there how fast mine was this weekend.

·
Registered
787 Posts
It's close, a little louder obviously, but all in all my neighbors don't seem to care too much, and that's the real issue here. Correct?

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Its going to be loud not close to stock but a lot quieter then the BBR end cap on it.... When you get that head on Its going to be Night and Day difference. Just like when you put the 88cc kit on compared to the stock 50cc. Alot of guys that get the hole setup at once " 88cc kit + race Head " dont get to see the differences that each seperate part makes.

when you have a stock 50cc and just do a 88cc Lite bore up kit it Doubles the Horsepower. When you add the Race head, cam and Carb you almost Triple the horsepower. Big difference from stock.

Stock: 2.5 hp

88cc Lite bore: 4 to 5HP

88cc Race setup: up to 8HP

Late.......OLDSCHOOL

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Also People are going to Disagree big time on this one.... :roll: But here it is your stock pipe is actually a decent design, it has acceptable flow. But looks very UGLY. If you kept the stock pipe and just got a End cap you will still get Real good Preformance. but not in the LOOKS department. If you went to a aftermarket pipe you get the LOOKS and the SOUND and in Most instances the PREFORMANCE.

There are things to really look at when you going to buy a pipe. picking the right pipe for your motors application OUTPUT.

1). Header pipe diameter: the size of the tubing at the beginning of the pipe. this is KEY the Bigger the cc the bigger you want the diameter to be. less RESTRICTIVE more Flow this will reflect on your hole power curve from bottom to top end......Bigger is not always Better, alot of aftermarket pipes have the same diameter as your stock pipe all your paying for is LOOKS and SOUND... :?

2). Tubing bend consistancy: the amount of bends and curves and also how well it fits so you dont Burn your leg and Cables and wiring. The amount of bends or Kinks in your pipe will affect the Preformance of your Bike.

3). The Silencer or Can: The length of the silencer and the internal parts and in some cases how thick the Packing "Insulation" is. The amount of or therefore lack of BACK PRESSURE. Will Inhance your preformance and your THROTTLE responce.

I hope this is helpful in how you pick your pipe for your motor needs. Some people think that just cause it sounds Fast or its in a name it is the best Not So..... :wink:

Late.........OLDSCHOOL

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
What someone needs to do is get hard facts on how DIFFERENT manufactors pipes " Not Copys of " Preform for ALL different applications for bore kits and head designs.

Basicly all 88cc lite bore flat top kits are the same find the Companys with different diameter tubing and dyno them...... there will be a difference in the way the NUMBERS come out.........Hard Facts.

Do the same for bore kits with different Cam and Head setups do the same thing...........NUMBERS......hard Facts.

Strokers the same way......... :wink:

Id say a at least 5 pipes come to mind:

PRO CIRCUIT DIAMETER: same as quite a few looks and sounds clean.

BBR DIAMETER: very popular, semi loud, two colors and can interchange exhaust tip with stock.

SANO DIAMETER: loud, looks Trick tucks into the frame good

CLASSIC HONDA Jr. and Ultima: popular, loud, clean looks.

these would be a good starting point to test these companys pipes for there different diameter tubing. After that its just a PRICE a SOUND or a LOOK and would have nothing to do with preformance..... :roll:

Late...........OLDSCHOOL

·
Registered
787 Posts
I can tell you that the ultima sr. pipe is as loud as a big bike, atleast mine is. The bbr pipe with the stock exaust tip is louder than stock, but not much.

The whole issue is noise if I remember correctly, and the only options here that I see are;

1.) Keep the stock pipe.

if you do, I'd do stanton's exaust mod. :wink:

2.)get the bbr pipe, and put the stock exaust tip in it.

3.)Go ask the people who would be offended by the noise from you guys riding, and try to work out a schedule of when you can, and can't ride there.

4.) find a new place to go riding

That should about sum it all up for you guys.

:) :roll: :)

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Heres an Option I had a bike with a WHITE BROTHERS pipe on it and it was REAL quiet because of the length of the canister. sounded like stock with a different tone It looked Ok but CRACKED in a week at the pipe conection to the canister. But sent it back and WHITE BRO's replaced it at NO charge.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
alright i dont think im going to get a pipe ill just stick with stock but if i hear someone elses with the stock end cap with the bbr pipe and its not to bad then i might get a pipe but right now im not to sure

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.