PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking in to buying some race gas but cant get hold of vp in the uk yet, i have found someone who sells sunoco but i dont know which one to get. gt, supreme ect, does anyone use sunco? whats it like, which one should i get? , and does it smell :D like the vp?

·
Registered
379 Posts
I would think you would want something comparable to vp ultimate-4 its 98 octane and formulated for 4 strokes.Super high octane race fuel is not always a good thing in small displacement motors I tried some in my bike a while back and it ran way too hot.

just my 2 cents

Rob

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replys,

i have found sunoco gt it is 105 ron 95 mon and unleaded

is there anyone on here who has used sunoco fuels in their bike? what was it like? jetting, smell ect

thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
I run GT Plus in mine. Its like 104 octane but has a lot of oxygen in it. I would either run that or the GT 100 and try to stay away from the supreme and higher octane fuels. The 50 doesn't need that high of an octane. I would run VP Ultimate 4 but I don't have as easy of access to it as the Sunoco and plus I run Sunoco in our race four wheelers.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Sunoco is good stuff. We run it in out Grand Am Cup and Rolex cars. Both are Porsche's...a 996 and a 911GT3 cup car. This is a spec fuel for a lot of racing series'. I run Sunoco 100 in my bike and it works great. VP is also good. Run the Sunoco though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.