PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quiet muffler suggestion for Pitster X2

For buzzing around the neighborhood Id like to find a quieter muffler solution. Right now its way too loud! Even out in the woods, you can hear me from 1/2 a mile away. My CRF50 just buzzes around silent, so I'd like something a bit closer to that.

Does anyone have experience mounting a CRF50 or 70 exhaust? Even if its not an "exact" fit, I can cut and weld easily. The goal is to find a cheap solutoin.

I realize there's going to be additional back pressure and a small drop in power, but thats fine for me.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have used a XR/CRF50 pipe on my street bikes and they do not get attention.

I now have a XR100 on A 130cc 138 and KLX140 on the YX160 dualsport.

I prefer the KLX140.

Don

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Salsa said:
I have used a XR/CRF50 pipe on my street bikes and they do not get attention.

I now have a XR100 on A 130cc 138 and KLX140 on the YX160 dualsport.

I prefer the KLX140.

Don

You lost me. So you've run a 50 pipe on the bikes listed above? What modifications had to be performed?

b1ackmaze said:
you could run a crf 50 exhaust, but you'll lose power, or try Pitster, they have a "quiet core" insert I think..

b1ackmaze, your right down the road from me. I'm over in Burlington. Which of these are you referring to? .: Pitster Pro :. - Exhaust Accessories

Do you have experience with any of them? I'd hate to buy something that hardly works.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Pitster does have a quiet insert in the newer silencers. It doesn't really make the bike quieter at idle, but it's noticably quieter when you wind it out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wonder if it would fit with my "older" bike? I PMed Pitster...lets see what they come back with. I also need a fricken rear fender and refuse to buy a full set of plastic to replace it :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mslate said:
where do you live?

As mentione above, NC.

The real question of the day...

Does a stock CRF70 or 50 exhaust bolt right up to my X2? Pitster says the easiest way to solve my noise problem is to throw a 50 exhaust on there. Elsewhere I read the 70 bolts up. Then somewhere else, someone said the 70 is a different length and has different bends so it wont work.

Who's right here? Someone has had to try it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
the reason I asked is if you were local I was gonna give you a rear fender. I would imagine a stock 50 will bolt up because I put a pitster exhaust on a 50 before. The only thing is you may have to mess with the rear bracket but that should be easy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts