PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TB 88 kits = ripping.

TB 88 kits that come with NO instructions = LAME. :evil:

In the package of gaskets/seals there are the basics (tappet seals, head & cylinder gaskets, exhaust gasket, carb intake, lower oil passage seals) and then there is a little green seal that is nipple shaped (for lack of a better description)

I could not find it in the stock seals at tear down, what the hell is it and where does it go?

Bike is a '04 CRF70.

Let me see if I'm guessing this part right.

Carb-Intake assembly goes like this..

Head>Gasket>Heat Sheild(with 'sheild' part facing the cylinder)>Gasket>Intake>Gasket>Carb.. Yes?...No?

I'm on a friends computer otherwise I'd upload some pics.. :(

· Registered
3,869 Posts
You almost had it right, except you dont put a gasket between the carb and intake. It has a rubber seal on the carb that seals it.

TB Kits have never come with instructions. But it really isnt that hard to install the stuff.

And I still cant figure out what seal thing you are talking about, but all I can tell you is that if youve replaced all the stock stuff with the ones that fit from the gasket kit then the one you cant figure out where it goes is a extra or not for your motor. On the site it says there is a cup seal that is for a 6v motor only which this may be what you cant figure out what it is. Can you point it out in this picture.

G

·
He is talking about the EXTREMELY small one that doesn't even seem like gasket. Almost like plastic. And it is almost a nipple like shape. It is for older motor. Don't use it. I throw mine away. They don't come in the kit anymore I don't think.

· Registered
3,869 Posts
Yea, I got ya now Jon. Yea you dont use that one lol, its for the old 6v motors. Like Cycle said just throw it away, you dont need it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.