PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking for and engin for a while and these are my choices but i obviously when somthing reliable and fast.

tell me what you have heard about any of these. :confused:

~Lifan 138cc (thats all over ebay)

~OGM 140cc (thats on ebay it says lifan)

~GPX 125cc

Its for street use no dirt, and i what top end.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
The 4up GPX is the best,but for road use only the 140 lifan would probably be good do to the longer stroke because of the better Rod Ratio. But i dont think theres any in America yet. the one on ebay is a Pre Order.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
The gpx has a good top end only if you add a big valve head, cam, and larger carb. You can get more power out of the lifan 120 w/ a cam and 145 kit and come out cheaper. The 120 has a smaller crank which brings your torque down a hair from the potential of the gpx but for the money saved and making more hp it will be worth it.

For about $650 you could easily have a 12+hp engine out of a lifan 120. That's including the price of the engine from Ebay, a 145cc kit w/ vm26 carb, and a tb cam. You just have to know where to look.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
i'm partil to the GPX.... I've ridden adn tuned both stockers and highly modded ones and i have had nothing but good results with them. Also, they can take one hell of a beating, i know from experience on that one :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.