PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to pick up a 50 to play with and do a few mods to. Hoping to find one stock that hasnt been dogged out and beat on. I having foudn much info or Pro's and Con's but i have ran across a coupel of hte Yamaha TTR50's at good prices.

Everything i'm seeing on here leans towards goint the Honda route which is fine also but what are the limitations to a Yamaha for someone 5'7 160?

Can you tell me the biggest difference's if possible form those of you who have dealt with both. the yamaha i see on her look good but i havent seen alot of info on them in the forums

Thanks

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
the TTR is a good bike but the hop-up parts are expensive and harder to find....I have a TTR and a Honda and my suggestion is to go with the Honda

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay thanks for the input. i was hoping maybe they were interchangeable as TTR are easy to find around 4-500 for an 06-08 model vs the 700 plus for an 03-05 CRF

thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
keep lookin on craigslist, an 03-05 honda 50, ive seen for $600-$850

you just gotta look, alot and something pops up grab it

theres just way more honda's than ttr's, that goes for parts as well

so i'd say get a honda(i got 3)they last for ever,you can beat the hell out of it

and there cheap to fix

·
Registered
389 Posts
I got my 03 in great shape with an 88 kit and pro taper bars and a bunch of extras for $500 on craigslist. I had to look for about two weeks, and when this one came up it was the one. Lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts